Does LSP host images itself? ie can I upload direct from my Mac to LSP?

nmayhew

Uploading to a 3rd party site and from there to LSP is just too much of a PITA (1st world problems I know).

It's one of the reasons I stopped doing any WIPs, and only do it on a FB forum.

Does LSP host images itself? ie can I upload direct from my Mac to LSP?

We used to do this Nick, but after ARC got badly hacked by a rogue trojan masquerading as an image upload, we stopped the practise for security reasons. Since then, though, the real limiting factor has been the impact it would have had on our available server storage space, had the practise been allowed to continue. As it is, we already have over 100k images on our server, and we stopped allowing uploads roughly 10 years ago now. With hundreds of images being posted on a daily basis, there's just no way we could accommodate that volume on our own server, and we would have been forced off the Internet years ago. Or, simply disallowed the practise of uploading images directly later than we did.

One compromise solution is to have a paid member category, for which one of the benefits could be the ability to upload directly, and the revenue generated would be used to cover the costs of providing the space. I'm not sure that's viable in economic terms, but it's unexplored territory.

Kev