Hallo,
hab´heute mal wieder mit Jiri Hodan, Eigentümer von HpH, geplaudert: für alle, denen die B-52 in 1/48 zu klein ist, würde er sie auch in 1/32 bringen. Mich persönlich würde das freuen. Der Preis würde bei wohlfeilen €1.250,- liegen. Er müsste aber 100 Stück davon an den Mann bringen. Für die, die noch krampfhaft überlegen, wie sie ihre 1/32 X-15 präsentieren sollen, ist das ja die perfekte Lösung.

LG, Heinz

source: German FFMC forums;

in short: a 1/32 B-52 is in consideration by HPH; MSRP would be around € 1,250; condition for production would be a minimum 100 kits.

Regards

Andreas Beck

1 hour ago, blackbetty said:

see my other post

Link ?

I've seen a scratchbuilt 1/32 B-52D at the SAC Museum in Ashland, Nebraska, and it was very impressive. 

For those who live in a converted barn, it would look very cool hanging from the rafters. But which version? 

Unfortunately, I don't have the time, skill or space for such a project, and would rather see the lifting bodies in 1/32 first: HL-10, X-24B and M2-F3.

Tony

Edited by Tony T
changes

What I would like is a NASA B-52B fuselage section stopping behind the wing trailing edge and with a partial starboard wing (up to the second engine nacelle). This would allow the creation of a reasonably sized diorama with a X-15. A complete B-52 is alas too large in 1/32 scale and considering the predictable commercial failure of the far cheaper DC-3, I don't think they would sell two dozens of kits... 

It would be impressive, and would appeal to a few...but 100 kits? I don't think so.

If the real aircraft had problems with wrinkly skin under the wings, I can't imagine the stresses on resin.

Not for me!

Maybe a B-36 will be announced next, so that the tired and lame jokes can stop...you know, the one that comes up anytime a wishlist thread gets started. ;)

Richard

1 hour ago, R Palimaka said:

If the real aircraft had problems with wrinkly skin under the wings, I can't imagine the stresses on resin.

If HpH did do a 1/32nd BUFF, it would most certainly be in fiberglass, as their C-47 and current 48th B-52 are.   Resin would have to be way too thick to support anything, and in the end with a model  that has nearly a 6' wingspan, it would be way too heavy and impractical. 

35 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

If HpH did do a 1/32nd BUFF, it would most certainly be in fiberglass, as their C-47 and current 48th B-52 are.   Resin would have to be way too thick to support anything, and in the end with a model  that has nearly a 6' wingspan, it would be way too heavy and impractical. 

Makes absolute sense if I thought about it, I've not seen those other two kits. :) Otherwise it would probably weigh as much as the real thing.

Now if it was made of chocolate...