32nd scale B-52 from HPH

blackbetty

our former member Heinz (Vulcan32) contacted me by phone yesterday. he always had and still has a very good contact to HPH. he asked me to post that HPH was considering a 32nd scale B-52, they would have to sell 100 kits at a price of 1200$.

if interrested, send them a mail or post here.

Count me in!   With the detail that is being put into the 1/48 B-52H kit,  adding even more to upsize it into 1/32 would be something to see.    I like Tony's idea though, it would be nice if a B model could be made from the kit just for the X-15.   I knew there was a reason I have not built my X-15 kit yet!

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Way too big for me.

In 1/32 it would have almost 6' wingspan and 5' long. And I thought the 1/48 one would be huge.

Would be impressive to see though.

oh and also then add in hundreds of more dollars for aftermarket bombs to load up the bombay and wings....

Edited by ziggyfoos

The 1/32nd scale BUFF down the road from me at the SAC Museum in Ashland NE, is in a 12" deep X 8' X 8' glass display case. Its an utter MONSTER.

The wing span is roughly 5'7" across.     Needless to say, I dont think a model like this would be able to be displayed by most modelers in private dwellings. 

SAC-Models%255B12%255D.JPG

14 minutes ago, ghatherly said:

Well, I cannot say who it is, but I can say that your 1/32 B-29 wish may be closer to a reality than you think.

no WAAAAY you are getting away with that one!! 

at least tell us resin (or fibre glass etc etc) or injection mould, just so we know whether to start saving!

[no interest in anything other than regular injection mould]

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I don't know any of the details.  HPH used fiberglass because of the cost of injection molding and it allows for a strong, thin shell.   Resin would be even thicker and not structurally sound anywhere close to a scale shape. Both Plastic and Resin would lead to serious inaccuracies with the finished model shape and/or interior details.     All I Know is I have seen 3D printed parts for most of the interior and one engine and that it is not GT Resin.