1/48 Revell P-61 (with a twist)

chrish

I started this project to take a break from the Airfix Hellcat...which project I started to take a break from the ATR project...and being a bit off my rocker decided I could build it as something a bit different in the sense that if nothing is tried (ventured) nothing is gained. To that end I decided I'd try putting turbo prop engines and STOL wing tips (as well as anything else I could think of along the way) If finished, I plan (hope for) putting it in SEA COIN camouflage of some kind, or 2 tone grays.

Some pics

PS- Obviously not an historically correct model aircraft.

9XTsr0E.jpg

JvreUUF.jpg

ecV2iET.jpg

XQRb4o2.jpg

yKYMGk3.jpg

Thanks for looking in on me and the encouraging comments!

Moving along with the build, both Garrett (Honywell) TPE-331's "Dog Whistles" have been glued on and faired in. I managed to sort out the seams on the fuselage and fit wing fences...but lost my 1/48 Huey Hog rocket launchers I had planned to mount under the wing. I may have to go with a clean wing or find something else to stick under them (not an easy job as almost everything in my stash is 1/32)

A few pictures of where the model sits right now

B8TNIRG.jpg

iGPyDZ7.jpg

26v1Q40.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments! I do appreciate the encouragement!!

Good eye Gaz, when I stuck the antenna on I was (still am) working with the formula that the turret would be forward fixed for ground attack or, have a small port/ starboard movement with no real ability to elevate (ground attack straight ahead kind of thing) 

I do like building off the menu all right!

I primed the model, fixed the issues I found, and then shot the light gray bottom color....most of it.

I still want to paint the clear tail cone dark gray (so it's not clear) then the top color camouflage perhaps

j9yB4bQ.jpg

VJFJay4.jpg

lsp4BIg.jpg

FvWa8Xc.jpg