Liquid mask for clear areas

steinerman

Greetings friends,

Got a question:  What do you recommend as a liquid mask for clear areas that you don't want paint to adhere to.  I'm looking at Amazon and there are all kinds and all prices.  Have you ever used any and would you recommend it?  And by they way, I'm using acrylic paints - Model Master and/or Tamiya.

Thanks,

Larry

Edited by steinerman
Added type of paint used

45 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

I tried liquid over clear parts, but could never get a straight line.  If you know a method, lemme know.

I sometimes use tape along the canopy frames and fill in the gaps in the middle with masking liquid instead of using more tape. The mask is cheaper than the tape but not as easily controllable, so I use it for coverage rather than edging.

As for liquid mask, I just use the latex stuff they sell in the painting supplies section of most hobby shops.

Edited by CATCplSlade

I’ve not actually tried it yet as not need to but one of the Gunze liquid masks can apparently be cut with a scalpel after it has set, so might do the job.  There are two types - Mr Masking Sol R is the one which can be cut.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 2:42 AM, Wegener said:

I’ve not actually tried it yet as not need to but one of the Gunze liquid masks can apparently be cut with a scalpel after it has set, so might do the job.  There are two types - Mr Masking Sol R is the one which can be cut.

This is what I have and have used.  It is the best liquid masking solution I have used, having tried several.

I apply it with a paint brush, not the brush built into the bottle cap.  Much more control that way.