ZM Henschel HS-129 B-2 - Reservations open for IPMS Telford

Jan_G

50 minutes ago, f5guy said:

This is exactly why I've decided to pass on this kit. I was looking forward to the B3 as well, but after seeing some test shots, and all of the insanely overdone engineering on it, it fell off of my radar quickly. I've got more kits than I'll ever build in my lifetime, and don't have the time to build a completely over-engineered kit full of spars and ribs that will never be seen. I'm sure that the handful of folks who will choose to build it with all of that detail visible will be happy, but for the rest of us, I feel that it's just more useless parts to monkey with, not to mention a higher parts count, which increases the cost of the kit. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing what some of you guys do with it ;) Fred K.

Actually, the spars serve as a mounting base for a lot of components such as the landing gear, engines and control surfaces. The spars also make this a very rigid and strong model. Yeah, they are not like everyone else, but that is exactly their intention!  ;-)

Radu

Edited by Radub

On 8/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, curiouslysophie said:

Ooh interesting! It’s not a plane I’m personally into, but always good to see more variation. I hope their Ar 234 comes to fruition. I’m especially hoping for the C-3 variant.

It may interest you to know that my publishing company has just produced the ultimate reference on the Hs 129. We are also producing a book on the Arado 234 as used by KG 76 on the Western Front. Check it out!

www.chandospublications.co.uk

On 10/7/2019 at 4:24 AM, dutik said:

BTW, any news when the new short-nose Ki-45 "Nick" kit will hit the shelves?

Regards

- dutik

I have two sitting in my dining room its been out for almost two months.

Excellent kit with two nice schemes and enough differences to be well worth the purchase.

I really hope some decal manufacturers get behind it.

No info at all on the HS-129 in Japan.

No test shots on display at any Volks stores which is rare for soon to be released so maybe its running behind schedule.

No release date up there either..

Edited by Darren Howie

In as far as I know, the kit is not "out" yet. It is expected to be available in the Volks shop in the last week of October. The official "worldwide" launch will take place in Telford in the first week of November and that is limited to the number of kits they can bring with them from Japan, so make sure that you pre-order yours. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice, will be picking mine up next week and can wait to have a close look at it.

With a few builds on the go it will be pretty hard not to crack on with it on the Sunday after picking ot up on Saturday!!

Regards.Andy 

Edited by monthebiff