ZM He-219 - Aftermarket question

curiouslysophie

I just purchased the Zoukei Mura He-219 kit, I love how different this plane looks and I haven’t got any night fighters in the stash. I’m just wondering if any of the aftermarket made for the Revell kit will work on this one. I’m mostly interested in the wheels as the ZM set are crazy prices for resin tyres!

If anyone has any ideas, that would be wonderful, thank you!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, please move if so, thank you.

Sophie

Well, it depends on the aftermarket!

I would not recommend trying to use photoetched parts intended for the Revell kit on the ZM one. However for items such as wheels, antennas or guns, there is no issue.

Here's one item that I would recommend:

http://barracudacals.com/proddetail.php?prod=BR32062

Using metal antenna is also recommended but not really cheap:

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=568

You may also use HGW or RB seat belts if you do not like the kit molded ones. Moreover some Luftwaffe Airscale cockpit stencils decals would dress up the pit.

Besides that, I don't think the kit really asks for aftermarket items (more particularly photoetched items) but this is a matter of taste!

Hth

Thierry

Thank you for the advice! The wheels were one of the big ones. ZM charge nearly £40 for wheels! The barracuda ones look great though! Odd they don’t do the front wheel with them.

I’ll probably got for ZM’s antenna set as it has the smaller radar antennas and bits for the under carriage. Their photoetch sets seem overpriced for what you get too.

I’ll have to have a good look over the kit when it arrives and see what will be worth getting. I know I didn’t really need anything for the Ho 229.

ZM also makes a huge amount of aftermarket sets for this kit.  From wheels, to photo etch, all great stuff.  You can find it in places like www.spruebrothers.com or volksusa.com.  

Excellent stuff. 

Paul C 

1 hour ago, curiouslysophie said:

Thank you for the advice! The wheels were one of the big ones. ZM charge nearly £40 for wheels! The barracuda ones look great though! Odd they don’t do the front wheel with them.

Yeah the Barracuda resin stuff is top, TOP notch for sure, you wont regretting getting that set.   I too thought it was a bit odd that the set didnt come with a nose wheel. 

12 minutes ago, Paul2660 said:

ZM also makes a huge amount of aftermarket sets for this kit.  From wheels, to photo etch, all great stuff.  You can find it in places like www.spruebrothers.com or volksusa.com.  

Excellent stuff. 

Paul C 

I’ve seen their stuff, it’s all lovely, but way overpriced. They don’t seem to have a European distributor for it as far as I know which adds shipping to the high cost. 

There are are a few of their bits I will get though. 

11 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yeah the Barracuda resin stuff is top, TOP notch for sure, you wont regretting getting that set.   I too thought it was a bit odd that the set didnt come with a nose wheel. 

I have some of the sets for the mustang and they look great. Maybe they decided the kit wheel was good enough for the nose? 

I may go for them though :D

Well, they have a distributor (actually more than one in Europe: https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/link.html).

Here's probably the best for you:

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=127_128_135&zenid=0d5ef11c851a01164e9d95963a8fdae0

With regard to Barracuda, I think that Hannants has them if you do not want to go direct.

Hth

Thierry

30 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, they have a distributor (actually more than one in Europe: https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/link.html).

Here's probably the best for you:

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=127_128_135&zenid=0d5ef11c851a01164e9d95963a8fdae0

With regard to Barracuda, I think that Hannants has them if you do not want to go direct.

Hth

Thierry

Thank you Thierry! That’s really helpful. Tiger Hobbies is on there and I’ve ordered from them a couple of times. Great customer service!

I do order a fair bit from Hannants, I need some spitfire bits. I guess they’ll get more of my money! lol

Cool choice for a night fighter. The ZM kit is OK, as long as you take your time and test-fit everything. I used ZM Brand Wheels, which I believe are Eduard - they were fine to work with and look the part. I also added CMK seats for the cockpit, tied with the HGW seat belts. Some modification required. The last bit of AM I used was maybe 20% of the photo etch panels, also from Eduard.

The model is already overtly engineered that adding more detail will likely cause you added headaches in the long run. It did for me. Overall, decent kit - take your time.

Justin

21 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, as the cowl flaps are tailored for the Revell engine nacelles I'm not that sure you can easily use them on the ZM kit. 

Are they ? Wonder why Roy didn't mention that ?

On 8/28/2019 at 10:42 PM, LSP_Ray said:

There is also the new Halberd wheels which are very rubber-like (review here):

2217-31.jpg

They look quite interesting! I’ll have to look into them, thank you :D

13 hours ago, FunkyZeit said:

Cool choice for a night fighter. The ZM kit is OK, as long as you take your time and test-fit everything. I used ZM Brand Wheels, which I believe are Eduard - they were fine to work with and look the part. I also added CMK seats for the cockpit, tied with the HGW seat belts. Some modification required. The last bit of AM I used was maybe 20% of the photo etch panels, also from Eduard.

The model is already overtly engineered that adding more detail will likely cause you added headaches in the long run. It did for me. Overall, decent kit - take your time.

Justin

Thanks for the tips! I’ve heard it can be a bit of a beast to put together. I am a sucker for super detailing! I won’t go with loads for this one though, mostly the antenna set, struts and a bit of PE.

12 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

We do a seat upgrade for the Revell plus the Mk103 plus a flexi ammo belt for it.

Bob

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I’ve been meaning to order some of your duraluminum decals and oxygen hoses. Will your seats and guns fit the ZM kit?