1/32 Trumpeter Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot *Completed*

BradG

I was weathering away tonight and time kinda got away from me, looked at the clock and it was 12:30am. Much of my wash on the upper surface didn't show up because of the dark colours, but oh well, it would have been like that on the real thing. I won't do much paint chipping, the paint looked fairly good on them. Again, weapons will be mostly clean as per many pictures I've seen.

c09Fpyd.jpg

Phew, finished her off this morning. One of the largest models I've ever built. I do like the air intake covers, they look nice. Also a nice touch from Trumpeter are the clear seeker heads for the missiles, which fit perfectly. Now I just need to find room to display it.

SoMacSA.jpg

maSbyoJ.jpg

dR10xgo.jpg

jQE3hIK.jpg

7wkQsUz.jpg

• 10 months later...

Nice build but the final version do not like me. Why does everyone build 90% of Soviet planes as What-if?

Camo and all markings are wrong. I also wrote it here at LSP.
I also don't understand why everyone puts an air intake of cooling of electric generators on the nozzle. It was only the Su-25UB and BM, and it is very different from the Su-25 with different tail fin.And armament ....
Nobody looks at a photo of a real plane?

:sorry:

2 hours ago, harvy5 said:

Nice build but the final version do not like me. Why does everyone build 90% of Soviet planes as What-if?

Camo and all markings are wrong. I also wrote it here at LSP.
I also don't understand why everyone puts an air intake of cooling of electric generators on the nozzle. It was only the Su-25UB and BM, and it is very different from the Su-25 with different tail fin.And armament ....
Nobody looks at a photo of a real plane?

:sorry:

This is not a what-if, I simply built it out of the box with what I had. As far as I can tell from the few pictures I've seen the decals are pretty close to correct. I don't know what intake you are referring to and as for the fin and armament, that was the fin in the kit and I just followed the instructions for the armament. Sorry you don't think I am correct, but I wasn't interested in buying  hundreds of dollars worth of books and doing hours of research to get a 100% correct in every detail model.

2 hours ago, BradG said:

This is not a what-if, I simply built it out of the box with what I had. As far as I can tell from the few pictures I've seen the decals are pretty close to correct. I don't know what intake you are referring to and as for the fin and armament, that was the fin in the kit and I just followed the instructions for the armament. Sorry you don't think I am correct, but I wasn't interested in buying  hundreds of dollars worth of books and doing hours of research to get a 100% correct in every detail model.

I can't agree with you. Everyone knows the Trumpeter plans are very bad.
Google will find many photos under the Su-25 ANCA.
Camo shades are good, but the bottom surfaces have bad shades.
Decals are ABSOLUTELY wrong. ANCA is goodbut the emblem city of Ostrava is smaller, and they have bad colors. The insignia and number are too small,and shark mouth too big.

The armament is for the Su-25 ABSOLUTELY unrealistic.Only the BM version had big air intakes on the nozzle covers. But this is a completely different aircraft.

Look at the construction of my Su-25th, I described the repairs of the models. 

and https://modelweb.eu/2011/12/16/walk-around-na-su-25k-6019-anca/

I put photos on ANCA on the internet in 2011. With a warning that this NoseArt was only a few hours and the equipment was 2x drop tank and 2xSPPU canon pod.

Just look at Google and you don't have a problem.

Edited by harvy5

I understand your enthusiasm and can see you have a good deal of knowledge about this era of aircraft and that's great, I might be this way about a WW2 aircarft. In the end though mate I have to say that the inaccuracies don't really worry me.