Review: HobbyBoss Consolidated B-24J Liberator

Iain

5 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Excellent review Iain, you certainly get a lot of plastic for your money! Recieved my copy a couple of weeks ago and been have a look at the internals deciding what to do with it, interestingly the turret transparencies dont have the frosted look as reported unless they have changed this in later copies?

Regards. Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes, my understanding is the front turret isn't frosted on later copies (they got around to polishing the moulds!) - but you still have a joint right across clear panels - so I'll be going the vac route and making some clear copies in PETG.

Iain

Well I'm a complete Liberator fan, and I'll pass on the kit: it seems like a lot of work to get it to the standard I want, and frankly I have other models to do.

This may sound negative, but my point is that the review - a very comprehensive one, thanks for taking the time and trouble - has done its job and enabled me to make an informed decision to purchase, or in this case to not purchase.

Helo Lain, I'm waiting for the glass nose version, but i'm going to buy the aftermarket gear now, just in case it disappears later. I assume it's the same as  on the J, could you verify that it is. Thanks, and thank you for all you do for us. Ruben.

7 hours ago, firefly7 said:

Helo Lain, I'm waiting for the glass nose version, but i'm going to buy the aftermarket gear now, just in case it disappears later. I assume it's the same as  on the J, could you verify that it is. Thanks, and thank you for all you do for us. Ruben.

I puny metal landing gear last week, think they are cast to order so shouldn't be a problem with them disappearing.

Regards. Andy 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...