Squadron white putty woes

My favorite filler by FAR is medium or thick CA mixed with Micro-balloons ( micro beads of a glass-like material so small they look like powder). For me it works perfectly, you can mix up any viscosity you like and its readily sandable and easily cut down. 

In a pinch use talcom powder, but I find a get a stronger mix with the micro-baloons.

I use Bondo glazing putty for larger putty jobs.  For seams I switch back and forth among Gunze Mr Surfacer 500, Mr Dissolved Putty, and Vallejo putty (in the tube, not the bottle).  Most of the time, my decision of which of the previous three putties I decide to use is which one I can find.:D

This wont come out right, but if you test fit and sand or file to adjust, many seams don't need that much putty.

OK let me have it.

Ryan

PS I use Tamiya grey and super glue. :D

I had heard the Squadron putty had been replaced by a "new" formulation.

I threw out my old squadron green and white putty years ago.  They sanded up nice but over a period of weeks would always shrink a little. 

Tamiya basic putty is better with that but not perfect.

Check out this video.  Perfect Plastic Putty is water based and sticks really well.  I dilute it and brush it into small gaps.  It's worth a look

Perfect Plastic Putty

Edited by KUROK