Dora Wings - Dewoitine D.500/501/510 in 1/32 scale

Trak-Tor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Trak-Tor changed the title to Dora Wings - Dewoitine D.500/501/510 in 1/32 scale

Having built the 500, it’s crying out for some AM. The prop is no good and the cockpit needs some details. No pitot. The cowling is a little crude and the radiator bath is a mix of plastic and PE that could be better done in resin. The basics are excellent however and it’s surprisingly large

5 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Clever marketing.  The 510 is the one everybody really wants, so you market it first with markings *nobody* wants so they'll buy it anyway.  :)

Six round red balls were the cheapest I guess.  There is a bit of historical significance but I for one can paint the things on. 

Rick

4 hours ago, DrDave said:

Having built the 500, it’s crying out for some AM. The prop is no good and the cockpit needs some details. No pitot. The cowling is a little crude and the radiator bath is a mix of plastic and PE that could be better done in resin. The basics are excellent however and it’s surprisingly large

I can deal with all that.  The engineering of those long wings is prone to warp surfaces during assembly.  I feel they need a spar.  After all this I am still happy to have the kit.  AM markings will show up sooner than later.