Dora Wings - Dewoitine D.500/501/510 in 1/32 scale

Trak-Tor

On 11/13/2020 at 5:25 AM, MikeMaben said:

Only one was built for evaluation by Japan.  

according to most sources (e.g. Les chasseurs à la française, by Jean-Jacques Ehrengardt), two D510 were sent to Japan : the Dora scheme has n°2 on tail.

9 hours ago, Jean-Michel said:

according to most sources (e.g. Les chasseurs à la française, by Jean-Jacques Ehrengardt), two D510 were sent to Japan : the Dora scheme has n°2 on tail.

You're right, 2 went to the Japanese Imperial Navy designated as AXD, thanks  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 10:02 PM, DrDave said:

I’m surprised to see so few builds and that the French AM companies have not produced parts for it yet. I will have to buy one I suppose……

The french importer (Cocktail Distribution) offers a limited edition with a new aiming sight, pitot tube and decals :
DORA WINGS 32005F - S. LIMITEE DEWOITINE D.510 GC I:1 1940 CDT PALLIER CHANTILLY 1940 1/32 (cocktail-distribution.com)

I have the kit. It has exellent surface textures, but is lacking some details  in the cockpit: no gunsight, no throttle quadrant, and no oxygen bottle behind the seat on the left wall of the cockpit being the most obvious. The fuselage behind the cockpit also isn't closed up as per Dora Wings. Al this is easily remedied by some scratch building. Also forgotten are the actuators for the ailerons, two per wing. I haven't been able to find any useful pics or drawings of the propellor. Does anyone have more info on this?