1/32 Fw-190 F8

My Revell Fw-190 is finally at a point I’d call finished. This kit has hands every bit of aftermarket thrown at it, much to my chagrin at times. This is my first aircraft, I’m still learning the techniques, so I’m not 100% happy with everything. It’s all a learning process though! I used Vallejo Model Air paints and a pretty cheap airbrush, which resulted in a less than great paint job. I am swapping to MRP and a decent airbrush for my next project. This is a fictional late war aircraft, as I prefer to build that way, rather than try to precisely model a real aircraft.

I have since taking the pictures realised that I’m missing the gear indicators on the wings, and that the machine gun hatch clamps should be on the body and not the hatch.

Anyway, on to the pictures! Excuse the poor photo quality, I only have my phone to take pictures, my DSLR is broken sadly.

Hope you enjoy!

4CDB1cE.jpg

38ygZNH.jpg

5c6Xrik.jpg

aUdxl7S.jpg

T1BxRYH.jpg

hL0nZUG.jpg

wg8qQIl.jpg

Very nice work. One of my favorite propeller driven aircraft. Your interpretation and execution is meticulous. Let us know what contest you will be at next with this aircraft and I won't enter in that category.  Thanks for sharing. What other subjects have you done?

Thank you all for your lovely comments, especially from people who’s builds wow me with their detail! I’m hoping I can bring some more planes to you soon.

I’ve started on the cockpit of my next plane, an Me-262 A1a. Should be a fun build!

9 hours ago, Lothar said:

That's a fantastic model, it's hard to believe this is your first aircraft. Paintjob

is excellent and if you wouldn't have mentioned it I wouldn't have notice that

the markings are fictioanl. Hats off!!

Lothar

Good to know they look realistic! I like to go for ‘historically plausible’.

3 hours ago, Jager said:

Very nice work. One of my favorite propeller driven aircraft. Your interpretation and execution is meticulous. Let us know what contest you will be at next with this aircraft and I won't enter in that category.  Thanks for sharing. What other subjects have you done?

I have never actually been to a show. My models aren’t nearly good enough for any contests, so I think you’ll be okay, lol. Prior to this I have only ever done 1/16 scale armour. Sadly I sold all my kits off, but I am working (very slowly) on Trumpeter’s Panther G.

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great work! I too would have never known the markings were fictional......the paint and weathering are just my speed too.

Well done!

Glad you like the weathering! Aircraft weathering is a lot more precise than it is on armour. Tanks get dirty! I want my planes to look like worn, used, and loved machines.