Mass request.

Padubon

There are some subjects which are not on my dream list, but would buy if great kits, e.g.

Airspeed Oxford

and others which I'd never buy, e.g.

Hawker Sea Fury 

There's no logic in this — it's pure aesthetics and personal taste

Tony 

If you want a list of what most people want, think of those kits that keep coming out over and over and over. Mustangs, 109s, Spitfires and maybe 190s seem pretty easy to find, and they keep making more. Even when we have P-47's and P-38's, we want Mr. T to make his version.

If you want a list of the stuff one or two of us obsess over, look at what WNW did. Junkers J1, LVG C.VI for a first release? What were they thinking? As Adam Savage says, "I reject your reality and substitute my own". And thank you very much Sir Peter and company for those.

I know that I would love to have a number of kits that will never make it in injection molded plastic. However, I have lots of very nice resin kits that satisfy some of my obsessions. I even have a 3D printed 1/72 Handley Page 42 airliner. That is crazy weird, but amazing. That will never appear in 1/32 injection molded plastic, not even in 1/72 scale.

Somehow, I don't think you will get what you really, really want if all of us vote. You will get what the majority of us kind of like. You won't get an SM-79 Corso (air racer), a Martin B-10B and you probably won't get a complete set of all the Saab aircraft in 1/32 scale (and I am very sad for that).

Tnarg

21 minutes ago, Tnarg said:

If you want a list of what most people want, think of those kits that keep coming out over and over and over. Mustangs, 109s, Spitfires and maybe 190s seem pretty easy to find, and they keep making more. Even when we have P-47's and P-38's, we want Mr. T to make his version.

If you want a list of the stuff one or two of us obsess over, look at what WNW did. Junkers J1, LVG C.VI for a first release? What were they thinking? As Adam Savage says, "I reject your reality and substitute my own". And thank you very much Sir Peter and company for those.

I know that I would love to have a number of kits that will never make it in injection molded plastic. However, I have lots of very nice resin kits that satisfy some of my obsessions. I even have a 3D printed 1/72 Handley Page 42 airliner. That is crazy weird, but amazing. That will never appear in 1/32 injection molded plastic, not even in 1/72 scale.

Somehow, I don't think you will get what you really, really want if all of us vote. You will get what the majority of us kind of like. You won't get an SM-79 Corso (air racer), a Martin B-10B and you probably won't get a complete set of all the Saab aircraft in 1/32 scale (and I am very sad for that).

Tnarg

I just wanted to work together with somebody, even if we disagree. I disliked some of my fellow Army pilots but we worked well and did pretty cool stuff.

14 minutes ago, Padubon said:

I just wanted to work together with somebody, even if we disagree. I disliked some of my fellow Army pilots but we worked well and did pretty cool stuff.

I dont necessarily think disagreement is a bad thing if people keep it respectful, all can still work together for sure.   I just think in this particular case,  the outcome may not make much of a difference to a large manu, and with the vast differences in likes and dislikes, could make it even more diluted. 

It's a nice idea on it's face but with the niche market we represent, the value in such an endeavor probably wouldn't stand up to scrutiny/feasibility and would likely be discarded and/or shelved.  In my best informed information, market research, which is what you're basically trying to accomplish, is a very big pond and it takes a lot of input to make production decisions on the norm.  Companies such as Tamiya and Wingnut Wings can and do, make pretty much what they want (within reason).  Not only do they have deep pockets but they do the market research to bolster their decisions.  I think there are a lot of "ideas" in each company's list of things they'd like to do that just won't result in the sort of ROI they require and thus will likely not be made.  Make no mistake, for the most part, it's all about the money.  I have read that manufacturer's look here for information on what's being talked about (what we're interested in) but I seriously doubt we're the ONLY place they look...we may not even be in the top ten places.

13 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I dont necessarily think disagreement is a bad thing if people keep it respectful, all can still work together for sure.   I just think in this particular case,  the outcome may not make much of a difference to a large manu, and with the vast differences in likes and dislikes, could make it even more diluted. 

I just find funny that we are planning to disagree.

Anyway, when Tamiya release a P-47, it will sell tons of them and if Tan does a -37 I will definitely buy a couple.

Edited by Padubon

I can't say I agree or disagree with most of this.

However, I can say seeing another P-51, Me-109, FW-190, etc coming out actually kinda turns me off to this hobby. Blah blah blah. This is like Hollywood these days; nothing but remakes.

Besides, I've built a number of them over the 50+ years I've been building models. I want something new that I haven't been able to build in 1/32 scale before.

For me, personally, my next dream kit is a Martin B-26 Marauder. I've done the new 1/32 17's, 24 and 25's, a Mossy and a Lanc. I would like to continue the large scale bombers with a B-26 - and then an A-20, A-26 and even a B-29 (I have already drawn up blueprints for the additional hangar I'd need to add to my house for this one!). I'd bet a B-26 would sell rather well, along with an A-26, all things considered. For that matter, I'd love a nice Wellington, too! But for me, right now, please. a B-26!

Beyond that - we also need some of the obvious but somehow totally overlooked in 1/32 to go along with the reams and reams of 47's, 51's, 109's and 190's: Namely a Val, a Kate and even a Dinah, followed by a nice Betty.

Just my own $0.02.

-Ro

18 minutes ago, Rowen said:

I can't say I agree or disagree with most of this.

However, I can say seeing another P-51, Me-109, FW-190, etc coming out actually kinda turns me off to this hobby. Blah blah blah. This is like Hollywood these days; nothing but remakes.

Besides, I've built a number of them over the 50+ years I've been building models. I want something new that I haven't been able to build in 1/32 scale before.

For me, personally, my next dream kit is a Martin B-26 Marauder. I've done the new 1/32 17's, 24 and 25's, a Mossy and a Lanc. I would like to continue the large scale bombers with a B-26 - and then an A-20, A-26 and even a B-29 (I have already drawn up blueprints for the additional hangar I'd need to add to my house for this one!). I'd bet a B-26 would sell rather well, along with an A-26, all things considered. For that matter, I'd love a nice Wellington, too! But for me, right now, please. a B-26!

Beyond that - we also need some of the obvious but somehow totally overlooked in 1/32 to go along with the reams and reams of 47's, 51's, 109's and 190's: Namely a Val, a Kate and even a Dinah, followed by a nice Betty.

Just my own $0.02.

-Ro

I’m with you,  and I could not have said it better. Every time I hear that I knew 109, 190, Sherman, Tiger, etc. etc. I feel like every January 2nd,  one more birthday for me. Dreadful!

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Koolhoven Fk-58!!  

actually THAT is a  very good looking aircraft which had potential if not being knocked down by a swarm of nazi aircraft........

I keep hearing (as always) "if and when Tamiya" whenever it comes to any kit wish list. Has no one read some of the blogs from Tamiya and his/their view of the plastic model market in general? Basically he stated that they realize that most modelers are 50 years old or older, the market in most of the world for plastic models (that aren't RC 4 wheel cars, etc) is shrinking and  in many cases, its not cost effective and they are no able to recoup investment. A link:

https://tamiyablog.com/2018/06/the-crisis-of-plastic-model-industry/

Edited by eoyguy

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Some other really classy Tweet schemes too...............it would be the perfect subject for larger scales with its size IMHO

050322-F-1234P-025.JPG

Yep, the old fuel to noise converter, great Cessna concept............:hmmm: