Some very interesting new releases form JETMADS

ericg

5 minutes ago, nichenson said:

I did find out that PayPal is not allowed in the entire country of Turkey.  Their license was revoked and they were pushed out.  Not sure why, but after reading that, it helps ease some concerns. 

I haven't seen anything that suggests they're based in Turkey, though. The default text on their Facebook page is Chinese/Japanese, and the two language options on their website are English/Japanese.

Kev

2 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I haven't seen anything that suggests they're based in Turkey, though. The default text on their Facebook page is Chinese/Japanese, and the two language options on their website are English/Japanese.

Kev

Just found an address on the Contact page, which is indeed in Istanbul, Turkey. How odd that the languages used don't reflect that!

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Just found an address on the Contact page, which is indeed in Istanbul, Turkey. How odd that the languages used don't reflect that!

Kev

I had spoke with them via email.  They mentioned they were in Turkey and that was why PayPal was an issue.  They speak pretty good English.  As for whatever Asian language the rest is, it doesn't seem too odd to me considering how people move around anymore.  Besides, there are only a few modeling sites that use Arabic or Hebrew. 

5 hours ago, Flipper said:

Well, web page and some nice renders are ok, but tell, me, did I see that that F-111 from Turkey? Keep calm.

That is Baris's TAN MODEL company. The World is a slightly wobbly place at the moment. I'm still hoping they'll complete the tooling for their already designed 1/32 Su-33 Sea Flanker kit.

JETMADS Skyrocket appeals. Have read William Bridgman's The Lonely Sky at least twice. 

Tony 

12 minutes ago, Tony T said:

That is Baris's TAN MODEL company. The World is a slightly wobbly place at the moment. I'm still hoping they'll complete the tooling for their already designed 1/32 Su-33 Sea Flanker kit.

JETMADS Skyrocket appeals. Have read William Bridgman's The Lonely Sky at least twice. 

So thats where Ive heard of jet models from Turkey before. Thought it all sounded familiar.   Doogs did an interview with Baris a long while back on the Sea-Flanker, and all looked pretty on track a year or two ago. 

Heres hoping some/any of it actually comes to market, as there are indeed some really great subjects there. 

7 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

So thats where Ive heard of jet models from Turkey before. Thought it all sounded familiar.   Doogs did an interview with Baris a long while back on the Sea-Flanker, and all looked pretty on track a year or two ago. 

Heres hoping some/any of it actually comes to market, as there are indeed some really great subjects there. 

I don't think Tony's trying to say that TAN MODEL and JETMADS are the same thing, only that it was TAN MODEL who proposed doing a 1/32 scale F-111.

Kev

Not sure the companies are owned by the same people:

Tan Model
Adnan Kahveci Mh. Avrupa Cd. Kubist Park Rsd. No:108 K:3 D:200 Beykent, Beylikdüzü / İSTANBUL - TURKIYE 

Jetmads 

P.O.Box 20  Caddebostan

34728  Istanbul - TURKIYE

but they may well have some affiliation

Tony 

Some lovely subjects on the list - certainly got my attention!

But I'll treat as vapourware until we see actual kits - and will hold off purchasing until there's a PayPal option (and maybe the £ recovers a little from it's current malaise).

I wish them all the best!

Iain

Ditto, and it would be great to see the Fairey Delta FD.2 added to the list.

The D.558-II Skyrocket in 1/32 — who would have thought that? 

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
changes

• 3 weeks later...

The following information was just posted on the Jetmads Facebook page:

Among the torrent of queries we are receiving from all over the world every day about our brand and kits, the most common question is whether we will share any images of real resin parts.

Modellers are very right to ask this and the answer is a big “Yes, definitely!”.

Please be informed that regarding the Skystreak and every other release that follows, we will start pre-orders and accepting payments ONLY AFTER we publish images of all the real stuff including boxart, complete set of resin parts and an assembled kit.

To sum it up for many other queries please also be noted that:

• We are located in Istanbul,
• We do not have any affiliations or associations with any other firms producing model kits in Turkiye or elsewhere,
• Credit card payments will be available before Skystreak pre-orders officially start,
• D-558-2 Skyrocket is to follow the Sksytreak,
• Release plans and kit designs for 2020 have been completed, all items TBA,
• We ship to all countries,
• 20% discount is valid only through the pre-order periods which for every kit will last 30 days,
• Pre-orders will start shipping on Day 31 on a first come – first served basis,
• Orders for regular sales with list prices will start to be accepted on Day 31 but they will start shipping on Day 60,
• Every kit will be limited to 500 copies and not a 501st kit will be produced after sell-out (even our team members have to buy kits, if they want any),
• Every copy of a kit will have a production serial number on its box,
• No discounts are planned after pre-orders,
• Canopies are not vacuform parts but clear cast resin,
• Our planned kits are not limited to those already listed on our website and be prepared for some great surprises,
• Japan is one of the target markets of our brand which is why we also have a Japanese website in addition to the one in English,
• We do not have a website in Turkish simply because we aim to design and produce kits for modellers worldwide rather than a local market,
• Yes, we are a registered company and as real as the aircrafts we are producing the models of,
• And last but not least, this is our daytime job.

Please do not hesitate to place any further questions and queries about our company and kits.

We appreciate the very warm welcome and excitement raised by our announced products and are working real hard to meet the expectations. We respect every opinion and view expressed in sincerity, however you are kindly requested to disregard any information, comments or news unless officially announced by JETMADS.

Thank you,
JETMADS Team

Kev

On 8/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, Iain said:

and will hold off purchasing until there's a PayPal option

Don't hold your breath. Paypal has been banned in Turkey since 2016, because the local financial rules dictate that all IT systems used for financial transactions must be completely based in-country.

52 minutes ago, vince14 said:

Don't hold your breath. Paypal has been banned in Turkey since 2016, because the local financial rules dictate that all IT systems used for financial transactions must be completely based in-country.

No it's not-I've bought and paid several times from these guys

https://babibimodel.com/

no problems whatsoever,wasn't even mentioned by them