Jennings Heilig

(WARNING - NOT LSP RELATED) Got the Tamiya P-38F/G today!

I have received my Tamiya P-38 and surgery will now begin on all detail areas for installation of detail sets and scratch building.It will take about 9 months.I love the kit already.I also am taking the entire gun bay or the monogram p-38 kit and modify it w/ metal gun’s and scratch building the rest..Resin engines w/ scratch building plumbing will look spectacular .Thanks for your help in your kit review.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:54 AM, Dave Williams said:

Scale Hobbyist is showing the kit in stock and available to order right now.  They say orders will hold so they don’t arrive until the 20th or later, but for where I am, it wouldn’t arrive until at least the 20th anyway.

I know three (actually four) shops that have them in stock in Canada. Tamiya has dictated that they are not permitted to release these kits for sale until Oct 20. 

Three of the shops have them in storage, the fourth has violated this rule and sold theirs. Apparently Tamiya is going to be tough on the distributors if they find out their shops are selling them early.

I recall reading the controlled releases earlier in the year, I now know this info is accurate (I didn’t think it was true). 

Canada May have the kits.But; not releasing them sounds strange.I got mine from Tamiya direct.How to do that is to go to Japan.In my real opinion no one should go to such trouble for a kit which is a basic build .The kit is nice for a 1,2,3, open cockpit basic build.Good for diorama or out of the box.Reminder: My opinion .

23 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m about 80% of the way done with our P-38 decal project 

Any infos regarding the markings ?...

48 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

This is a partial.  Several more a/c will be on the sheet.

gPC0Ix.png

WOW ! Thanks ! Hoping for an H model soon, so a Twin Dragons early P-38 can be done B)

The H-1-LO is pretty easy to do by using the Quickboost supercharger intakes, but for an H-5-LO you have to remove the internal framing from the inside of the aft canopy - not easy. That’s why we’re not doing any of them.