Jennings Heilig

Eiko decals, anyone?

We're for sure doing these in 1/48, but I need to gauge interest in a pared-down version in 1/32.  I've done a complete set of stencils and the various iterations (of which there is a surprising number) of hinomarus, which we will sell separately.  In 1/32 all of these won't be able to make the cut, but the more interesting ones definitely will.  The good news is that with your own refs (lots available online) and some creative paint work, you'll be able to do a bunch of differently camouflaged DACT birds from the 1970s and '80s.  The squadron markings and other stuff didn't change - just the camouflage.  This composite (which, again, represents what we'll be doing in 1/48) shows every JASDF unit that operated the F-104J/DJ.  Regarding the latter, with mixing and matching of serials, you'll be able to do them as well, since the markings are identical to the single seaters.  The stencils will have the extra stuff required for the DJ.

What think we?

LnOqMv.png

I'd buy a set. I'm sure there would be great interest in the sheet from Japan, maybe contact HLJ see if they'd be interested in placing an order? 

ps. I think it's great! 

pps. I would definitely include 635. 

Well that figures. A while ago i finish a JASDF Zip with donated Hasegawa decals, and within a month you're talking about releasing some sheets. Now, I decide to shelve 1/32 aircraft and concentrate on cars, and you say "hey!! you guys like?!! Will you buy??!!" Jeez.

I'm in.

Don

1 minute ago, dmthamade said:

I'm thinking a NMF bird.

You can certainly do NMF from any squadron, but the F-104Js were only actual NMF until around 1969-70.  After that all but the aft fuselage (which was generally pretty shiny) was painted aluminum with white (above) and ADC Gray (below) wings.  The only ones that didn't appear in NMF were the later 207th squadron markings (as on 635 and 707), since those were adopted when the squadron moved to Naha AB, Okinawa, and they started painting the entire airplane FS 16473 as a corrosion control measure.  Not sure why that was better than the aluminum paint, but that's what they did...

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

You can certainly do NMF from any squadron, but the F-104Js were only actual NMF until around 1969-70.  After that all but the aft fuselage (which was generally pretty shiny) was painted aluminum with white (above) and ADC Gray (below) wings.  The only ones that didn't appear in NMF were the later 207th squadron markings (as on 635 and 707), since those were adopted when the squadron moved to Naha AB, Okinawa, and they started painting the entire airplane FS 16473 as a corrosion control measure.  Not sure why that was better than the aluminum paint, but that's what they did...

I get what you're saying. Had a look around and looked at the pics carefully and yes, most of them are silver painted birds...already have a FS16473 bird, so silver is good. 507 and 606 look good, too. I have some old Koku Fan books as well that have a variety of schemes.... lotsa nice options.

Don