What will be Airfix's next 1:24?

Menelaos

10 hours ago, PhilB said:

There's a series on in the UK at the moment about pilots training and converting onto the F-35.

The RAF/Fleet Air Arm pilots in the US doing the conversion absolutely love them.

Just one thing regarding the original Lightning not being deployed operationally abroad ?

How about Gutersloh and Geilenkirchen West Germany in the 60's during the cold war ?

RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus?

RAF Luqa, Malta ?

RAF Tengha, Singapore?

:D

Hopefully that series will air (!) here at some point. 

To clarify - active service on operations (domestically of abroad) is what I meant. Campaign and other medals awarded. Falklands war, Gulf War 1, former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. 

The EE Lightning is a charismatic aircraft, but it never fired a shot or dropped a bomb in anger in RAF service, unlike the ‘other’ Lightning: the F-35. 

Back to the topic, a Spitfire XIV or Beaufighter would be an excellent addition to Airfix’s stable. 

On 8/27/2019 at 6:53 PM, GMK said:

The EE Lightning is a charismatic aircraft, but it never fired a shot or dropped a bomb in anger in RAF service, unlike the ‘other’ Lightning: the F-35. 

I hate pedantry but I'm afraid the UK F-35's haven't fired a shot in anger or dropped a bomb yet either.

A handful of missions over Afghanistan with Typhoons but no ordnance dropped on any of them.

I don't dislike the F-35 at all, I'm sure it's a great plane but modern flamethrowers are just grey.

I'm sure a kit would be built by some but for a wider appeal colour/schemes and the "wow"factor sell models.

Going back to this topic, it needs to be something that has a wide appeal especially in the US where there's a big market.

I think an F4U Corsair would be a no-brainer.

:D

Edited by PhilB

Since we are entertaining flights of Airfix 1/24th fancy, I would like to see any of the following-

Luftwaffe- Ta152 or Me262

RAF- Beaufighter

USAAC- P-51/ A-36

USN- F4U Corsair

IJN- A6M5 Zero

IJAAF- Ki61/100

Reggia Aeronautica- Macchi 202 Folgore

One can dream, can’t he?

THOR    :ph34r: