What will be Airfix's next 1:24?

Menelaos

I wonder to extent it’s even possible to bring their old kits up to today’s standards?

for a new tool kit, I think anything German like a 109 (E, F or G series), 190 (again anything) or 262 which would be epic...and if a Brit subject then go for the Spitfire Vb - served in lots of theatres with myriad schemes

A Hawk would be commercial insanity in my view, as would be a Gladiator (I would buy them but can’t see anyone outside of UK doing so)

On 8/19/2019 at 7:10 PM, AlanG said:

Panavia Tornado GR1/4

Hawker Hunter F6

Su-27 Flanker B

I'd love these three to be done :)

You've got plenty of space Alan if you have room for a 1/24 Flanker! The Trumpy 1/32 one is huge as it is.

Per previous comments, I think a single-engine aircraft is more likely than another twin,  and a Corsair would make a lot of sense. Used by multiple nations in the Allied Forces (and after WW2) , and they've already taken a stab at an R-2800 engine. Then again, the Thunderbolt carried the same engine, and was also used by multiple nations in the Allied Forces (and after WW2).I agree that another Hellcat variant is most likely in the short term. Personally, I like the idea of Airfix revisiting something previously kitted and bringing it up to current standards. An FW 190A-8 would be welcome.

I'll get my coat.

Adam

17 hours ago, nmayhew said:

I wonder to extent it’s even possible to bring their old kits up to today’s standards?

for a new tool kit, I think anything German like a 109 (E, F or G series), 190 (again anything) or 262 which would be epic...and if a Brit subject then go for the Spitfire Vb - served in lots of theatres with myriad schemes

A Hawk would be commercial insanity in my view, as would be a Gladiator (I would buy them but can’t see anyone outside of UK doing so)

A 1/24 Me-262 would indeed be epic.

I'll vote for that!

2 hours ago, Rob Colvin said:

24th Sabre Jet.

Not that we have any influence with Airfix,  but I like that idea too. Not a very large aircraft, iconic with classic lines. It was used by the RAF, so there's the UK connection, the USAF, and dozens of other air forces so lots of colourful schemes.

Of course the RCAF aircraft were the best looking. ;)

Richard

PS: I know many will roll their eyes, but I would still like a 1/24 Mustang IV (P-51D/K) done to the new Airfix standard.

Edited by R Palimaka

19 hours ago, GusM said:

You've got plenty of space Alan if you have room for a 1/24 Flanker! The Trumpy 1/32 one is huge as it is.

Quite truthfully i can't get a Trumpy one for a decent price so god only knows what the price of a 1/24 would be lol. But as for space..... i'm working on that :)

The likes of the P47 is already out there so why would they produce a kit where they have competition, surely market sIzes need to be a consideration, I am surprised the Tiff did so well in the USA as its not exactly a well known type over there... Mk14 Spit would be my choice as there are no large Griffon Spits about and they are sadly lacking in any scale..  But for the US market perhaps  an A1 SkyraIder, though the thought of a Grumman Duck would tickle my fancy.