What will be Airfix's next 1:24?

Menelaos

1 hour ago, RNoAF said:

If they want a kit that sells well all over the world they should choose the F-4 Corsair. Lots of users and a lot of interesting schemes.......

I would probably say that a Corsair similarly done to the Hellcat and Tiffie would indeed sell at least as well.       If they put out another 24th subject, Id say look for something from a WWII lineup of the major players. Corsair is right there in the middle of possible/likely releases in their scale. 

1 hour ago, RNoAF said:

If they want a kit that sells well all over the world they should choose the F4U Corsair. Lots of users and a lot of interesting schemes.......

I agree, but maybe after the Hellcat they might choose a subject in another theater of operations.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I would probably say that a Corsair similarly done to the Hellcat and Tiffie would indeed sell at least as well.       If they put out another 24th subject, Id say look for something from a WWII lineup of the major players. Corsair is right there in the middle of possible/likely releases in their scale. 

Yes, and like the Hellcat, storage size can be reduced by folding the wings.

My vote is for a Republic P-47D razerback and/or a Lockheed P-38J lightning. They already have 85% of the engine done for the P-47 (from the Hellcat) and the lightning isn't any bigger than the mosquito. A really good P-38 would be great! Lots of color schemes and theaters of operation.

Ron G 

I wonder if they are intending to re-do the old 1/24 kits, or deliberately avoid that subject matter as they've already done it.

If they are willing to re-visit the old kits, a spitfire or Bf-109 would be great.  FW-190 too.  

If they want to move in new directions along with the Typhoon and Hellcat, the Corsair would be popular, but how about a Zero?!  Would be interesting in 1/24 scale. 

3 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I wonder if they are intending to re-do the old 1/24 kits, or deliberately avoid that subject matter as they've already done it.

If they are willing to re-visit the old kits, a spitfire or Bf-109 would be great.  FW-190 too.  

If they want to move in new directions along with the Typhoon and Hellcat, the Corsair would be popular, but how about a Zero?!  Would be interesting in 1/24 scale. 

The Zero would be a great compliment to the Hellcat. An A6M3 would be nice.

3 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Zero would be a great tie in to the Hellcat, and would have world wide appeal.