WNW releases...

Pup7309

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Am I missing some magical process somewhere that uses elves and magic dust?

Tony 

No - to me the Gladiator looks a tricky plane to rig because of the streamlined fairings on the struts

Richard

Hopefully not too tricky. Might convert some WW2 enthusiasts over to WW1. Happened to me a while ago. As mentioned the Fokker vii has virtually no rigging. 

The Gladiator’s struts are a lot thicker than WW1 a/c so I’m wondering if EZ line is still in scale. To be honest I’ll be going the EZ/monofilament if it’s the easiest/most practical  option. 

On 1/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, RLWP said:

It's hard to know how to advise the bipe-curious, rigging is kind of part of the breed

My best advice would be a Copper State Nieuport 17: https://www.copperstatemodels.com/page/product_info/234/WzIsIltdIl0%3D

Nieuport_23_C.1.jpg

Single bay biplane. Because of the pivotting lower wing and vee strut there is less bracing in the wings. and it has a good, solid set of Nieuport cabane struts to locate the top wing. Doing a rough count, there are twelve wires including the wings, cabane and undercarriage

And it is drop-dead gorgeous of course :wub:

Richard

This looks like a bit of a bargain: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Academy-1-32-Nieuport-17-Mastercasters-Nieuport-17-Cockpit-Detail-Set-MST-3260/401896493361

The CSM kit looks very nice in the box...will keep an eye out for future releases.

To be honest this whole thread now just drifts aimlessly...now no-one knows what it was originally about as the OP keeps editing the title and original post, and it just keeps getting bumped for no real reason other than to keep it going.

It's like that episode of Friends where they keep throwing a ball to each other, but because it's been going on so long no-one knows why they're still doing it.

8 minutes ago, vince14 said:

To be honest this whole thread now just drifts aimlessly...now no-one knows what it was originally about as the OP keeps editing the title and original post, and it just keeps getting bumped for no real reason other than to keep it going.

It's like that episode of Friends where they keep throwing a ball to each other, but because it's been going on so long no-one knows why they're still doing it.

I have to agree; keeping a thread alive just for the sake of keeping it alive, is something that does happen here from time to time.

3 hours ago, vince14 said:

Bump....   sorry.... couldn’t resist!

A bit closer to topic:  My wife emptied a closet full of Christmas stuff, and offered it up to my stash.  To my dismay, my straggling stash, when consolidated, filled the entire standard size closet with more left outside.  I only have about 4 WNW birds, but I find it really difficult to imagine buying more until I put a big dent in my stash.

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

I only have about 4 WNW birds, but I find it really difficult to imagine buying more until I put a big dent in my stash.

If I allowed that thinking to drive my kit purchases, I'd not be able to buy another model for the next two dozen years or so.