WNW releases...

Pup7309

14 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

What do people think of the brown boxes for the special editions? 

I got my brown box Bavarians and its just like any other WNW kit on the inside. The box is fine but I don't care either way since I'm a builder and not a collector. I would guess the brown boxes will be collectors item themselves eventually. 

15 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I got my brown box Bavarians and its just like any other WNW kit on the inside. The box is fine but I don't care either way since I'm a builder and not a collector. I would guess the brown boxes will be collectors item themselves eventually. 

I have to agree. I seldom, if ever, save the boxes anyway; I'm much more interested in the contents.

12 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

The HP 0/100 has been pushed back to early 2020, so at least that expense is postponed until after Christmas/New Year!

I wonder if they'll have a end of year surprise as in previous years?

That makes all of their proposed late 2019 releases pushed back to 2020... I wonder what they're cooking, other than accurately completing these models before putting them out. Curious, too, if we see the usual Christmas surprise.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

On 8/16/2019 at 2:08 PM, Pup7309 said:

Dr1 box art added...

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/110AB9B325D342BA8D8187E99D96104A

Looks a bit Roden...ish. Maybe a first draft?

Frankly, I’m more than happy with my Roden and OOP Hobbycraft Dr1s. If I want more DR-1s whether I get more Roden or WnWs, it will end up which is cheaper. As far as items missing from inside the nose of the WnWs Dr1, if there is something I can’t see in a model, I don’t add it myself.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, Pup7309 said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

We already have D-1 through D-3 Albatrosses on the market. There are still so many gaps in WW1 aircraft that have never been produced. To me, the early Albatrosses being produced are good enough. If there are those who think they are lacking, there are Eduard upgrades.

2 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

I am sooo grateful for the WnWs Lancaster, not because I ever plan to get one, but that it proves that an Ilya Muromet or a Zeppelin Staaken is now within Wnw’s size frame.

Well a Staaken would be something! The span on it would be 140cm. Without checking I think the Lanc is 100(?) with detachable wings. The Hanley Pages are similar but have folding wings. 

Look if Peter Jackson wants one produced anything is possible.

Does anyone with kit engineering have an opinion - Is 140cm of biplane and struts doable with injection moulding?

I fell in love with the possibility of a Staaken after seeing what looks like a 1/32nd scale model at the Smithsonian being attacked by a fighter in a night scene in a special room. I read many Staaken were produced but most were all different, so do we have to choose which one we want. I can’t suppose owning more than one.