WNW releases...

Pup7309

It took 10 years for WNW to do the DrI, while the Albatros DV was one of their first kits, I don’t think we will have to wait 10 years to get an Albatros DIII.  However it is clear right now their plate is really full and we won’t see a DIII soon in my opinion.  However I would bet we will get one in less than 5 years.  I think the DIII is too important of a kit for them to ignore, so I think we will see one in the next few years.  

7 hours ago, vince14 said:

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but if it's an Austro-Daimler 6 (and it sure looks like one), then it can't be a standard Albatros D.III only the Austro-Hungarian version i.e. the Albatros D.III (Oeffag). The standard Albatros D.III used the Mercedes D.IIIa engine. It does mean we're likely to be getting something Austro-Hungarian from WNW for the first time, though.

Yes, but it wouldn't be the first time they placed two engines in a single seater either.  I would venture more toward the Aviatik but the Albatros would be awesome.  Like I said though, this is good news for the Porsche fans out there no matter which way they go. 

8 hours ago, cbk57 said:

It took 10 years for WNW to do the DrI, while the Albatros DV was one of their first kits, I don’t think we will have to wait 10 years to get an Albatros DIII.  However it is clear right now their plate is really full and we won’t see a DIII soon in my opinion.  However I would bet we will get one in less than 5 years.  I think the DIII is too important of a kit for them to ignore, so I think we will see one in the next few years.  

Awesome. We have at least 1 Austrian kit coming, possibly a d111...

29 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

BRANDENBURG! BRANDENBURG! BRANDENBURG!  IT'S ONE STEP CLOSER TO REALITY!

Matt 

Hansa-B and Lohner flying boats used the A Daimler ... next stop Italian ones?!

700xMacchiM5_Arcidiacono.jpg

Actually another source says they used another engine on the flying boats. Will have to re check...

Edited by Pup7309

25 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Hansa-B and Lohner flying boats used the A Daimler ... next stop Italian ones?!

700xMacchiM5_Arcidiacono.jpg

Actually another source says they used another engine on the flying boats. Will have to re check...

According to Wiki the Lohner and

bigger HB’s did. So I’ll take that!

Related image

Related image

Found it looking through my bucket list of want to builds. Hansa Brandenburg CC Flying-Boat which this particular one was flown by an ace, l do not think WnW has done any Hansa Brandenburg aircraft that l know of . Then again l did not check

hacker

Edited by Hacker

21 minutes ago, Hacker said:

Found it looking through my bucket list of want to builds. Hansa Brandenburg CC Flying-Boat which this particular one was flown by an ace, l do not think WnW has done any Hansa Brandenburg aircraft that l know of . Then again l did not check

hacker

WNW did the HB W.12 and W.29.

2 hours ago, Palm-tree said:

It’s only a small flying boat!

Yes about a 30cm wingspan (1/32!).  A similar  Hansa versions was about 38cm - so no Felixstowe! From what I’ve read the smaller one didn’t have the Daimler engine but happy to let Wingnuts work that one out...

Edited by Pup7309

1 hour ago, Hacker said:

383a003e880165ec7a0933d184c54eb4.jpg

l would opt for this one too only cause is unique. There is a flying boat fighter l was interested in but at the moment  l can't remember . l don't think it is the one above. 

hacker 

Yes it’s quite unique - kind of chunky looking bird.

"... Yes it’s quite unique - kind of chunky looking bird. "

Even chunkier with the so-called "baby coffin" enclosed MG mount on the upper wing.  There are a raft of schemes for the D.I, most of which have unpainted plywood fuselages with large geometric shapes or letters and CDL wings.  Linke-Crawford (27 victories) was a well-known user of this aircraft as well as the Phonix D.I and Aviatik(Berg) D.I (WNW please add these to future releases.)