WNW releases...

Pup7309

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Thanks yes I was going to put in link but wasn’t sure if there were any guidelines around this but I’m sure it would have been fine.

The link would be problematic as Des'/Dave's forum is only open to members

Richard

I inquired regarding this subject a week ago and received the following from Richard Alexander on February 9"

"Hi Ron,
Thank you for your inquiry and concern.
Most people in China are taking extended New Year holidays at present. There will no doubt be some additional procedures that the people who are transporting goods from factories in mainland China to ports will need to contend with. So there probably will be some delays but as it is a developing situation no one can estimate what delays (if any) there will be to Wingnut Wings production. 
The biggest determining factor remains the fact that no Wingnut Wings model will go into production until I have approved the tooling.

Regards
Richard

Richard Alexander

General Manager

Wingnut Wings LTD

PO Box 15-319, Miramar 6022, Wellington, New Zealand 

www.wingnutwings.com"

Not trying to poach on a fellow model site but in the interests of accuracy and to respond to those unsure of the authenticity of the Wingnut comments re coronavirus, I can confirm the post was on forum.WW1aircraftmodels.com and I wrote it.

Copper State Models announced on their Facebook page that their new kits were affected by the coronavirus factory shutdown in China.

I emailed Richard at Wingnuts and asked what the impact would be on Wingnuts production and his reply was published in detail on the forum.

Also please note, while the Forum requires a person to register before they can post anything, the forum is free to read for anyone, and will always be so.

cheers

Dave Wilson

Forum.WW1aircraftmodels.com

7 minutes ago, Dave Wilson said:

Not trying to poach on a fellow model site but in the interests of accuracy and to respond to those unsure of the authenticity of the Wingnut comments re coronavirus, I can confirm the post was on forum.WW1aircraftmodels.com and I wrote it.

Copper State Models announced on their Facebook page that their new kits were affected by the coronavirus factory shutdown in China.

I emailed Richard at Wingnuts and asked what the impact would be on Wingnuts production and his reply was published in detail on the forum.

Also please note, while the Forum requires a person to register before they can post anything, the forum is free to read for anyone, and will always be so.

cheers

Dave Wilson

Forum.WW1aircraftmodels.com

Thanks very much, Dave. While I'm a member there, I'm sort of out of WWI mode at the moment, but when the new Dr.I is released, I'll be posting it up there as well as here. I am so looking forward to that (and getting busy with my D.VII's).

8 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, especially as it applies to the Fokker, as I need time to save up anyway.

Me too. Although I’m sure I’ll find the money somewhere for a Dr1 (or three). Handley Page is another story...please delay a bit longer. Although I’d like to see instructions for the 0/400 and more about the mystery 32075.

Tens of thousands of people are getting sick and thousands are dying.  Yes, it means that there might be a little delay in getting our latest WNW and other model kits.  Not going to worry about it as there are other priorities in life in getting the latest plastic.

8 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Tens of thousands of people are getting sick and thousands are dying.  Yes, it means that there might be a little delay in getting our latest WNW and other model kits.  Not going to worry about it as there are other priorities in life in getting the latest plastic.

My thoughts exactly. What I wrote in the General Forum:

The Coronavirus also effects model making factories. But it’s the people who are important. I’m sure we have enough kits stockpiled to see us through!

43 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

Correct. WNW has set the bar high, which is why they are the standard to beat.

And while there .may be a slowdown in the pipeline, I only have to live to 147 to finish my stash.

So sometimes they scrap a mould if it isn’t up to standard- this would be expensive?

:rofl: Oh dear! 
Calculate 

How long it takes to build a kit

x how many in the stash?

We’re all doomed!:oops: