WNW releases...

Pup7309

6 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

I fell in love with the possibility of a Staaken after seeing what looks like a 1/32nd scale model at the Smithsonian being attacked by a fighter in a night scene in a special room. I read many Staaken were produced but most were all different, so do we have to choose which one we want. I can’t suppose owning more than one.

This would be my preferred version with pointy nose and gunners in the engines...maybe the different types had same wings and tail only difference the nose and engines/props?

Zeppelin-Staaken_R.V_-_Ray_Wagner_Collec

On 11/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, Pup7309 said:

This would be my preferred version with pointy nose and gunners in the engines...maybe the different types had same wings and tail only difference the nose and engines/props?

Zeppelin-Staaken_R.V_-_Ray_Wagner_Collec

The ones I’ve seen had different fuselage noses.

Scale Model podcast has a really interesting chat with the designer at WNW 

https://scalemodelpodcast.com/

Short story:

Starstrutter was planned by WNW

WNW is a WW1 company. The Lanc is a one off 

Expect more iconic WW1 a/c

Also explanation of the research 

that goes into and makes WNW kits that good.

”If it’s a WW1 aircraft don’t rule it out!”

Edited by Pup7309

Would appear that the brown box Albatri and Pfalzes will be released early December, since November ends tomorrow, and they haven't shipped out.  Not that I'm complaining, since I've got enough to build, but they may be cutting it a bit close if they do their normal Christmas surprise before going on break.

Matt

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Would appear that the brown box Albatri and Pfalzes will be released early December, since November ends tomorrow, and they haven't shipped out.  Not that I'm complaining, since I've got enough to build, but they may be cutting it a bit close if they do their normal Christmas surprise before going on break.

Matt

I'm just happy to have the opportunity to pick up a Pfalze kit without having to pay almost double for it on the aftermarket not to mention a couple of $69 Albatros's to add to the stash. Do they do a Christmas surprise every year?

4 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I'm just happy to have the opportunity to pick up a Pfalze kit without having to pay almost double for it on the aftermarket not to mention a couple of $69 Albatros's to add to the stash. Do they do a Christmas surprise every year?

Not sure but they have done one for the last few years. 32075 hasn’t been filled yet...

Edited by Pup7309

5 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Matt

+ 1 might have to pre order Pfalzes...I’ve been watching that space as well. Looks like a December release now.

Edited by Pup7309

On 8/14/2019 at 4:32 AM, SB20 said:

I am very much leaning towards getting the 0/400 for my Christmas present to myself.   Such a neat airframe and the folding wings make actually display friendly. 

I like it too. Don’t forget to unfold the wings before takeoff, or your crew will be in a nasty shock.