WNW releases...

Pup7309

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Cool! I can't wait to get a hold of one of these. The rigging is going to put more than one person in the loonie farm, I better start training some spiders to help rig this beast. 

The secret to keeping one's sanity all while building bi-plane models.  The truth can finally be told.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully as I sold my Fighting Fokkers Pt 4 decal sheet for that reason on ebay when the limited edition boxing's appeared for an extortionate sum. 

Also if you go on the WnW site you will see all Fokker DVII decals are now sold out as the Albatros are 

Regards. Andy 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 11:57 PM, seiran01 said:

I'm loving that they've added high-res rigging diagrams on the hints and tips page, and colour-coded them. That's going to come in very helpful I expect. 

Jeez, there's a lot of rigging on the interior of this thing before you even get to the exterior.

Jeff.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:24 PM, JT68 said:

Jeez, there's a lot of rigging on the interior of this thing before you even get to the exterior.

Jeff.

Yes not just the exterior! Looks like the nose is detachable to show interior/ bomb details? Nice.

Edited by Pup7309

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 3:10 AM, The Dude said:

Cool! I can't wait to get a hold of one of these. The rigging is going to put more than one person in the loonie farm, I better start training some spiders to help rig this beast. 

Ha ha! Someone please invent small mechanical spider-riggers!

On 1/6/2020 at 11:16 PM, monthebiff said:

Hopefully as I sold my Fighting Fokkers Pt 4 decal sheet for that reason on ebay when the limited edition boxing's appeared for an extortionate sum. 

Also if you go on the WnW site you will see all Fokker DVII decals are now sold out as the Albatros are 

Regards. Andy 

Yes they sold out when the Albatros decals sold out so logic dictates limited edition Fokkers.

I wonder if the generic brown box editions will be more expensive than other boxart boxings when sold out. Or if there is less scarcity/ market saturation then overall resale prices will drop? I guess it’s the same plastic, just different boxing/ marking instructions. 

Just a thought...?

I've been fighting off buying WnW kitsets for years because of the fri**in' rigging nightmare, compounded by the flat wires used by the RAF.

Has anyone used E, G or B steel guitar strings cut to length and glued in tiny pre-drilled holes? 

No turnbuckles, no flat wires (etch is too fragile), but there has to be a compromise solution here. 

Tony 

1 minute ago, Tony T said:

I've been fighting off buying WnW kitsets for years because of the fri**in' rigging nightmare, compounded by the flat wires used by the RAF.

Has anyone used E, G or B steel guitar strings cut to length and glued in tiny pre-drilled holes? 

No turnbuckles, no flat wires (etch is too fragile), but there has to be a compromise solution here. 

Tony 

Sounds like making the job hard!