WNW releases...

Pup7309

Maybe we'll get a Hanriot HD1 as a Christmas surprise ( vs. D.1 Duellist pack?) Well I guess the next ones to be anticipated from either (or both) companies will be a SPAD or D111. Now they have the A-D engine I guess some more Austrian subjects will follow...

But for now mystery solved :) Good times!

Edited by Pup7309

23 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Welp, dang. I was really hoping for a Lloyd, but it will be interesting to see how the two companies handle the Brandenburg

Matt

It'll be interesting to see if CSM persists with their own kit in light of this one from Wingnut Wings.

Kev

43 minutes ago, EvilCarrot said:

Will be interesting to see a quality comparison between the two and to see if this might affect the price of each kit. Or maybe it's a joint project? Copper Wingnut State Wings Models :P

Ha ha! You never know it could be and they do 1 version each?

Edited by Pup7309

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

It'll be interesting to see if CSM persists with their own kit in light of this one from Wingnut Wings.

Kev

Yes they might have to do a cost analysis on this one. Hope it dosn't happen to them again in the future.

I had that strange feeling they could quickly propose the same kit but could not imagine this would occur so quickly. I am sad for CSM has they do not have the funds of WnW. However, if I had been in their shoes, I would not have chosen such a topic. Selecting for instance an Italian boat plane or another French fighter would have decreased that competition risk... Too bad. 

Just now, thierry laurent said:

I had that strange feeling they could quickly propose the same kit but could not imagine this would occur so quickly. I am sad for CSM has they do not have the funds of WnW. However, if I had been in their shoes, I would not have chosen such a topic. Selecting for instance an Italian boat plane or another French fighter would have decreased that competition risk... Too bad. 

Yes. I guess in retrospect like you say an an Italian flying boat or Hanriot HD1 might have been a subject less likely to have been done by WNW.

39 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

This mainly depends on the fact they already started cutting the molds or not. 

Yes that would be unfortunate. WNW is usually a limited run...

Edited by Pup7309

2 hours ago, ericg said:

I simply can’t see how two manufacturers releasing the same kit at the same time can be good for the hobby. I really feel for the smaller manufacturers in this case. 

Choice is never a bad thing. Competition forces business to improve quality, reduce prices, stay sharp in general. We, the modellers, benefit in the end. 

Radu

36 minutes ago, Radub said:

Choice is never a bad thing. Competition forces business to improve quality, reduce prices, stay sharp in general. We, the modellers, benefit in the end. 

Radu

A retail manager once told me that if you have 2 shops selling a similar product in close proximity that was a good thing all round. 

Although I think he was talking about similar sized storefronts. 

Looking forward to all the new releases. 

Edited by Pup7309