WNW releases...

Pup7309

Imagine  WNWs already has their  future releases planned. But hey if CSM can push along a French or Italian or other subject great 

I get the impression CSM is more of a small niche company. Do they have the means or ability to crank out a lot of products to sell cheaply? Maybe not.

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Imagine  WNWs already has their  future releases planned. But hey if CSM can push along a French or Italian or other subject great 

I get the impression CSM is more of a small niche company. Do they have the means or ability to crank out a lot of products to sell cheaply? Maybe not.

CSM does not need to "sell cheaply". All they need to be is 10 euro cheaper. Look at how many people choose inferior models, let us say Trumpeter's Bf 109, over any superior model just because it is available at a lower price. Some modellers are ready to forgive most inaccuracies for a tenner. For some modellers, price IS the only deciding factor. Now, if CSM makes a fantastic and accurate model and sells it for 10 euro less, they have a runaway success. On the other hand, WNW can do the same. :-) 

Radu 

Maybe the smaller manufacturers need to double bluff them by announcing projects their working on and say choose obscure aircraft where there is little drawings and information but go and make something completely different, hopefully that will bog down WNW trying to quickly make the 'phoney' aircraft kit.

Graham

Bit of a poor show from WnW IMHO, I really like the CSM Nieuport kits and I'm sure the HB will be just as good if it makes it to the production stage. Hopefully CSM will continue with their 1/32nd range of kits as let's be honest a bit of competition for WnW wouldn't go amiss bit maybe CSM should take a leaf out of Tamiya's book and only announce something when it's nearly ready to go and catch the opposition out at there own game?

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Maybe the smaller manufacturers need to double bluff them by announcing projects their working on and say choose obscure aircraft where there is little drawings and information but go and make something completely different, hopefully that will bog down WNW trying to quickly make the 'phoney' aircraft kit.

Graham

Then CSM would get crap from modelers for announcing something and not actually releasing (Trumpeter SBD Dauntless, AFV Club M8 HMC, etc), regardless if bluff "works" and WNW make it or don't.

Maybe CSM got wind of the Wnw kit in development, then announced theirs, and WnW followed suit, who knows for sure, it's a shame, personally I scratch my head, figuratively, why anyone would want to release a kit of the thing.

Oh for the day two leading manufacturers announce 1/32 Sea Harrier FRS1/Harrier GR3, T4 kits... 

30 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Maybe CSM got wind of the Wnw kit in development, then announced theirs, and WnW followed suit, who knows for sure, it's a shame, personally I scratch my head, figuratively, why anyone would want to release a kit of the thing.

Oh for the day two leading manufacturers announce 1/32 Sea Harrier FRS1/Harrier GR3, T4 kits... 

Yes I think the actual numbers would shock too, a lot less than we think. maybe its a bit of the collecting bug, buying all the range of a particular manufacturer rather than an in depth interest in the actual subject.

Graham

17 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Graham

:evil_laugh: Lol!

Edited by Pup7309

Guest Vincent
On 9/2/2019 at 10:35 AM, Radub said:

This may force them to "break" the last "commandment" of the WNW cultists and start making models of French or Italian aircraft.

It would be as painful for them as to get their (wing)nuts stapled on their computer desks

I also have the CSM nieuport and frankly, if a subject is available from both manufacturers, i'll take the CSM without hesitation. They really did an outstanding job on these birds and the fit is phenomenal

Edited by Vincent

13 hours ago, Vincent said:

I also have the CSM nieuport and frankly, if a subject is available from both manufacturers, i'll take the CSM without hesitation. They really did an outstanding job on these birds and the fit is phenomenal

Good to know. I have been thinking of purchasing the Nieuports and this comment got me to google some reviews. The instructions look good as well as the sprue and finial builds. 

Edited by Pup7309

On 9/3/2019 at 12:41 AM, Radub said:

CSM does not need to "sell cheaply". All they need to be is 10 euro cheaper. Look at how many people choose inferior models, let us say Trumpeter's Bf 109, over any superior model just because it is available at a lower price. Some modellers are ready to forgive most inaccuracies for a tenner. For some modellers, price IS the only deciding factor. Now, if CSM makes a fantastic and accurate model and sells it for 10 euro less, they have a runaway success. On the other hand, WNW can do the same. :-) 

Radu 

Well 20 Euros less or 20% off might tempt OS buyers if CSM can afford it!

Edited by Pup7309