WNW releases...

Pup7309

The Hansa Brandenburg CC number 24 was Gottfried Banfield's if I recall correctly. He was one of the most famous Austro Hungarian aces. He had a long and fascinating life, and was possibly the only ace to achieve five victories in a flying boat.

Any of these kit possibilities could be very interesting, I am very pleased to see talk of an Austro Hungarian subject.

Tnarg

10 hours ago, Tnarg said:

The Hansa Brandenburg CC number 24 was Gottfried Banfield's if I recall correctly. He was one of the most famous Austro Hungarian aces. He had a long and fascinating life, and was possibly the only ace to achieve five victories in a flying boat.

Any of these kit possibilities could be very interesting, I am very pleased to see talk of an Austro Hungarian subject.

Tnarg

Banfield flew a few types but yes he is worth reading up on, and worthy of a WNW kit.

Edited by Pup7309

On 8/26/2019 at 10:27 AM, vince14 said:

You'd need to do some surgery on the nose, the extent of which depends on whether WNW made a series 53, 153 or 253 aircraft, plus there were other minor differences.

That's, of course, assuming WNW are making an Albatros D.III (Oeffag). There were a number of other Austro-Hungarian aircraft that used the Austro-Daimler 6. Brandenburg D.I, anyone?

383a003e880165ec7a0933d184c54eb4.jpg

Hmmm...looks like Copper State Models might just beat WNW to kitting the D.I!

From their FB page, confirmed it's 1/32.

69401955_2450141508607927_89655461078536

2 hours ago, Radub said:

The 225 HP Austro Daimler was also used on the MAG version of the Fokker D VII. I hope WNW will do one and thus "complete" the D VII family. I, for one, will be very pleased with one.

Radu

Interesting how many options come from an engine. Certainly has got the speculation going!