WNW releases...

Pup7309

10 minutes ago, nichenson said:

It is an Austro-Daimler 6 so my guess would be either the Albatros D3 or we are getting an Aviatik

Either one would be great but the D3 is a real beauty. I keep hoping for more and earlier Albatros's.

53 minutes ago, Jolly Roger said:

So some of the decals in the MVR Albatros D.Va boxing were intended for the Roden DR.1, and now we're getting a WNW  DR.1. There are also decals in that box for the Roden Albatros D.III. So maybe now we'll get a WNW D.III!

It’s looking more likely!

3 hours ago, nichenson said:

It is an Austro-Daimler 6 so my guess would be either the Albatros D3 or we are getting an Aviatik.   Either way it's a Porsche.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but if it's an Austro-Daimler 6 (and it sure looks like one), then it can't be a standard Albatros D.III only the Austro-Hungarian version i.e. the Albatros D.III (Oeffag). The standard Albatros D.III used the Mercedes D.IIIa engine. It does mean we're likely to be getting something Austro-Hungarian from WNW for the first time, though.

Edited by vince14

12 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

With a merc engine it could be kitted as a German Alb 111?

You'd need to do some surgery on the nose, the extent of which depends on whether WNW made a series 53, 153 or 253 aircraft, plus there were other minor differences.

That's, of course, assuming WNW are making an Albatros D.III (Oeffag). There were a number of other Austro-Hungarian aircraft that used the Austro-Daimler 6. Brandenburg D.I, anyone?

383a003e880165ec7a0933d184c54eb4.jpg

Edited by vince14

The number of aircraft using the Austro-Daimler 6 engine is significant.  The Phoenix D.II's and C.II's ,  the aforementioned  AH Albatros Oeffag's (a/k/a "old fags"), the Hansa Brandenburg C.1 and D.1, Lohner C.1, the MAG Fokkers, Aviattic Berg. D.1's and just about any other AH aircraft that had an in-line engine in it.