WNW releases...

Pup7309

4 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Box art sketch added for early Dr1 this time Voss vs Se5a’s - so no duellist pack!:

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3203

I would have not expected a duelist boxing of Voss' aircraft.  So few F.1's built in the first place (3, IIRC).  If one of your two boxings is the F.1 (early Dr.1)  You are cutting down your options really fast for the five or six that WNW usually offers with their standard releases.  It seems so obvious and passe' but maybe we will see Von Richtofen vs. Brown as a duelist boxing that also features the markings of the other Camel that "the Baron" was chasing.  I know Brown is already featured in the BR.1 boxing of the Camel but the markings of the "chase Camel" are not out anywhere to my knowledge.

Edited by esarmstrong

40 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yep, I cant wait. There are so many cool schemes.  I may actually have trouble picking just 1 early and 1 late! 

I just got the MVR Albatros D.V kit, with the extra DR.I decals, but for the Roden kit!  I was just wondering if those would work on the upcoming WNW kits.  Probably would with maybe some adjustment here or there.

Now that we know WNW had been planning these kits, their decision to provide those Roden decals is a bit more confusing.  Maybe when they did that they had not yet decided to go forward with their own kits??

55 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

I just got the MVR Albatros D.V kit, with the extra DR.I decals, but for the Roden kit!  I was just wondering if those would work on the upcoming WNW kits.  Probably would with maybe some adjustment here or there.

Now that we know WNW had been planning these kits, their decision to provide those Roden decals is a bit more confusing.  Maybe when they did that they had not yet decided to go forward with their own kits??

My worthless opinion is that they knew very well the DRI was on the road map and have known the same for a long time.  They did not want to admit it so the put Roden on the MVR release. They always hedged what they were saying about the DRI for example saying things like we have no plans for a DRI or we do not have one in development.  Some claim they said never but I believe there was always some nuance and I don’t think WNW has ever said never to a WWI aircraft possibility.  

5 hours ago, cbk57 said:

My worthless opinion is that they knew very well the DRI was on the road map and have known the same for a long time.  They did not want to admit it so the put Roden on the MVR release. They always hedged what they were saying about the DRI for example saying things like we have no plans for a DRI or we do not have one in development.  Some claim they said never but I believe there was always some nuance and I don’t think WNW has ever said never to a WWI aircraft possibility.  

Yes they probably didn’t want to let the ‘cat out of the bag’!. I should go back and check but I’d say you could use the fuselage decals on the WNW Dr1.