WNW releases...

Pup7309

3 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Update: CAD images of Dr1 - A lot simpler than the Handley Page!

In may ways, alot simpler than the Roden offering, too.  Meaning: less parts forward of the ammunition magazines (no fuel/oil tank or engine detail aft of the firewall).  The cryptic reference to the production models looking different is suggestive, but what specifically?

26 minutes ago, esarmstrong said:

In may ways, alot simpler than the Roden offering, too.  Meaning: less parts forward of the ammunition magazines (no fuel/oil tank or engine detail aft of the firewall).  The cryptic reference to the production models looking different is suggestive, but what specifically?

I’m sure the reference is standard boilerplate legalese to cover any changes they may, or may not, make when they do the actual production molds.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

It was a sight to see in person at the Nats.

Yes. There is a lot of detail going on. It looks almost challenging to put together, but well worth it. A bit of a masterpiece in plastic engineering. I wonder how they will do the clear parts with the frames?

I look at that and back at my HB Liberator and feel slightly deflated. What a difference in quality...oh well...

58 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I hope I get mine before they do. I also hope they have the sense to kit a ton of them.

Their pre order backlog will be daunting. The logistics of storing such a large production run and getting it to market might delay new releases but hey, we finally got Dr1’s! Well by this time next year anyway...

Edited by Pup7309

8 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

Enough just to keep us interested...

I wonder also if it’s to keep some company in China (or elsewhere) from ripping off the design. Although I guess they could just wait and do it later if they dared.

Must be hard for start-ups to protect intellectual property. Luckily 1/32 WW1 Kits is a select market and it took an individual, Peter Jackson, to make it possible.

Echoing a previous statement I hope WNW and CSM liaise so they don’t end up doing the same kit like a SPAD or Hanriot.(As long as at least 1 of them does!)

Edited by Pup7309