WNW releases...

Pup7309

Let’s hope it’s not a Nieuport 17 from them. The CSM one is excellent. It would be nice to know that other manufacturers are allowed a piece of the WW1 pie without the biggest kid in the playground throwing their weight around.

13 minutes ago, ericg said:

Let’s hope it’s not a Nieuport 17 from them. The CSM one is excellent. It would be nice to know that other manufacturers are allowed a piece of the WW1 pie without the biggest kid in the playground throwing their weight around.

The kit number suggests a camel but we’ll find out soon...

54 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

IIRC, the Sopwith Comic was a home defense variant of the F.1 with the guns over the wings, cockpit moved back and some other differences.

I like the snub nose camel but there seems something more ‘balanced’ about having the cockpit further back, to my eye anyway.

Edited by Pup7309

The Comic was a nightfighter/home defense version of the Camel.  The prevent the pilot from being blinded by the muzzle flash, the fuselage guns were replaced with a pair of Lewis guns on Foster mounts atop the upper wing and the cockpit was moved back about 12 inches.

8 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

If its a Nieuport 17, sorry, I already have one... But a Comic Camel or a Baby would have my credit card yelping....

Thought the wallet was going to get a break..! No New Years resolutions for LSP moderation in 2020, way too hard to keep that one:beer4:

Edited by Pup7309