WNW releases...

Pup7309

https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/who-killed-the-red-baron-2.

Fairly matter of fact. I have had the pleasure of seeing parts of his a.c. both in NZ and Australia. Yes May was no doubt going to be shot down but not flying across a line of as gunners. Anyway thats all ill say on the matter. The model markings will no doubt be popular 

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/who-killed-the-red-baron-2.

Fairly matter of fact. I have had the pleasure of seeing parts of his a.c. both in NZ and Australia. Yes May was no doubt going to be shot down but not flying across a line of as gunners. Anyway thats all ill say on the matter. The model markings will no doubt be popular 

I am sure we will be deluged in Dr1s!

Steve

So I was thinking last night, as I wandered around the WNW website for the 10 millionth time...

For such a tiny company (maybe 15 employees?) they are extremely active and keep a steady stream of new product (including re-releases) flying out their door.  

Why can't other companies keep up the same pace?  

Look at how dreadfully slow Zoukei-Mura is, for example, and lots of others too.

An easy answer would be that Peter Jackson is dumping huge cash into the operation, b/c he can.

But in theory he has stated that the company must break even.  So if he is artificially subsidizing the operation, it's within limits.

And on a related note, if a bunch of guys/gals can sit around at WNW, play on a computer with 3D software, farm the mold work out to a Chinese company, and make some of the best fitting models in the world, why does this seem to elude almost every one else with only a few exceptions?

I wish Peter Jackson would start an educational program where he invites other model company owners to come and see how they do it in Wellington.  The entire industry would be benefitted and modelers all over the world, too.

8 hours ago, ringleheim said:

And on a related note, if a bunch of guys/gals can sit around at WNW, play on a computer with 3D software, farm the mold work out to a Chinese company, and make some of the best fitting models in the world, why does this seem to elude almost every one else with only a few exceptions?

With their recent declaration to make the same Austrian fighter as CSM, I wonder if they didn't go all out on that bit of 3D drawing as soon as they were able.  If in fact, their plan didn't exist until CSM announced it.  Perhaps that they figure if they can get the majority of people to wait for their Lancaster, maybe they figure they can do the same thing with any WWI aircraft.

^^I for one am not waiting on the WNW offering of the HB D.I.  I will be getting the Copper State offering.  The CAD's of their kit compare favorably to the WNW CAD images and suggest that theirs will be a first rate kit.  Their Nieuport 17 is every bit as good as anything comparable from WNW and in many ways has more detail in areas that WNW do not have.

Edited by esarmstrong