WNW releases...

Pup7309

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Go baby go! 

I like Camels but already have two, and the Comic is too similar for me.

Will be picking up a D.1 for sure, but will pass on a Comic or another Strutter since I'll be getting a D.1 if that's what it turns out to be.

Come on Baby!

I agree. Something completely different would be great. I guess it make business sense to share sprue's though.

2 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I agree. Something completely different would be great. I guess it make business sense to share sprue's though.

Imagine only the fuselage would need re design for Comic. Baby- not sure, maybe just wings are shared? 1.5 Strutter would be all new. 

On 8/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, esarmstrong said:

I would have not expected a duelist boxing of Voss' aircraft.  So few F.1's built in the first place (3, IIRC).  If one of your two boxings is the F.1 (early Dr.1)  You are cutting down your options really fast for the five or six that WNW usually offers with their standard releases.  It seems so obvious and passe' but maybe we will see Von Richtofen vs. Brown as a duelist boxing that also features the markings of the other Camel that "the Baron" was chasing.  I know Brown is already featured in the BR.1 boxing of the Camel but the markings of the "chase Camel" are not out anywhere to my knowledge.

The BR.1 Camel IS the chase plane and Brown’s last combat plane. As a duelist, it doesn’t make sense, since Brow really fires out of range and desperation to save his friend. The Baron never even reacted to Brown’s attack, having been mortally injured by the Aussie gunner.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:55 AM, Fred Jack said:

The BR.1 Camel IS the chase plane and Brown’s last combat plane. As a duelist, it doesn’t make sense, since Brow really fires out of range and desperation to save his friend. The Baron never even reacted to Brown’s attack, having been mortally injured by the Aussie gunner.

Yeah at best he distracted MvR from Lt Mays Camel in front but there is no evidence of this. In fact MvR was uncharacteristicaly fixated on what was in front of him and probably only pulled up because both guns had failed or he realised he was too far over enemy territory. It was then one of hundreds of bullets firing up at him went through his vitals.

If they do this as a duellists set (with option for other Camel) the box art will, I’m sure, reflect historical fact. Maybe they will do a set of 1/32 ground troops rushing to their guns in a free for all as he and the lead camel zoom past. ( Brown was never close enough to hit him or witness the crash. But you have to feel for Brown he was a nervous wreck at this stage and RFC officialdom would only have one of their own claiming such a famous scalp. His actions also may have saved his inexperienced wing-mate )

Edited by Pup7309

On 9/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, Fred Jack said:

Um, I was referring to Mays' plane (the plane being chased by MVR) since Brown's aircraft has been done already.  Never mind...  

On 9/14/2019 at 4:05 AM, Fred Jack said:

Maybe Pheon Decals knew of the release which is why they are planning to release a set of more than 200 Dr1 decals.

Quite possibly! Doesn’t seem like there was the same communication with CSM, but who can tell?

33 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Yeah at best he distracted MvR from Lt Mays Camel in front but there is no evidence of this. In fact MvR was uncharacteristicaly fixated on what was in front of him and probably only pulled up because both guns had failed or he realised he was too far over enemy territory. It was then one of hundreds of bullets firing up at him went through his vitals.

If they do this as a duellists set (with option for other Camel) the box art will, I’m sure, reflect historical fact. Maybe they will do a set of 1/32 ground troops rushing to their guns in a free for all as he and the lead camel zoom past. ( Brown was never close enough to hit him or witness the crash. But you have to feel for Brown he was a nervous wreck at this stage and RFC officialdom would only have one of their own claiming such a famous scalp. His actions also may have saved his inexperienced wing-mate )

I have never been one to feel contempt for Brown, primarily for these reasons.  At the very least, he was trying to, and very probably saved his friend's life.  It was the British propaganda machine that foisted him into hero status.

Edited by esarmstrong