WNW releases...

Pup7309

There sure seems to be a lot of knowledge here about WW1 aircraft, even some obscure stuff. Can you guys recommended some books so I can learn more about what you guys are talking about? Since I started looking at and buying WNW kits that era seems to be my main focus. I still like the later stuff and have a bunch of WW2 and later kits but those oldies sure are cool. I have picked up a few small history books from Osprey Publishing about particular aircraft or Jastas. I want more than just a picture book but it doesn't have to be too in depth. Any suggestions? 

^^ If it's AH aircraft and pilots you want to delve into, check out "Air Aces of the Austro-Hungarian Empire" by Dr. Martin O'Connor and the classic work focusing on all of the aircraft of the dual empire:," Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of WWI" by Peter Grosz, George Haddow and Peter Schiemer.

Edited by esarmstrong

5 minutes ago, esarmstrong said:

^^ If it's AH aircraft and pilots you want to delve into, check out "Air Aces of the Austro-Hungarian Empire" by Dr. Martin O'Connor and his classic work focusing on all of the aircraft of the dual empire:," Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of WWI".

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that one. Right now I don't really have a specific area. I found a copy of Jane's Fighting Aircraft of WW1 and Aircraft of World War 1 that look like they might give me a feel for the airplanes. I have always loved history of all kinds anyway, so I pretty much read anything I can get my hands on of a subject I'm interested in.

The sad part (depending on how you look at it) is that no matter how nice the CS version is (and judging by their last Nieuport release (s) probably very good) there are many who will not even look at it, and wait for the WnW version. Unfortunately, I will probably look at the SC version, but will end up going with WnW based on previous experience. I cant help myself.