1/24 best aircraft

Agustinmolinillos

Welcome aboard Agustin!

:post1:

While I don't build 1/24 scale aircraft myself, it looks like any of the recent offerings from Airfix (Typhoon, Mosquito, and most recently, the Hellcat) are worth a serious look. Trumpeter has a few kits that seem to vary in quality, and then you've got the ancient Airfix range from the 1970s, which also vary in quality, but feature a level of detail applicable to the period.

Kev

Welcome to the LSP forums Agustin!    :post1:

I guess it all depends on what type of aircraft you like, and what medium you enjoy building in.  As Kev mentioned, there are quite a few 1/24th kits out there. Like Kev, I dont normally build in that scale, but have built a few.  The new Helcat seems a really great kit, as well as the others Kev mentioned, but keep in mind they are quite complex kits, and if you are up for it, any of the large new tool AirFix kits seem great. 

I have not built  or seen any of the 1/24th Trumpeter offerings in person yet, so I cant really comment on them, but there are some builds on LSP, and it might be worth looking around the Works in Progress forums to see which ones go together best. 

Hey Agustin

My recommendation is for the new 1/24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat. It is a superb kit, it does have a few issues with the fit of some parts. Check out Nigelsmodelingbench videos on it on YouTube he is doing a build along and has a few resin parts for it. Also check out my build on LSM (I  cant post pictures here) of my builds on the P&W R-2800-10W and my conversion to a F6F-3 (Crankycrafstman)

Ron G 

Yes, there are some 1/24 state of the art kits out there that are brand spanking new mentioned above. But, the old Airfix & Heller 1/24 kits aren't that bad. Also, there is some Bandai 1/24 kicking around of Japanese Aircraft, Zero and Gerorge. Trumpeter also has some decent 1/24 kits as well of German and Japanese planes. My personal favorite is the Airfix/Heller Me-109E. So, just pick a plane and have fun!

There are several builds of the new 1/24th AirFix F6F in the LSP Works in Progress forums here, with some outstanding insight, info and some really great and tremendously helpful pics.

A lot of the pics in these WIPs really give you a great sense of scale, and should be very helpful if you're building the kit: