After Market Goodies for Trumpeter 1:32 F-14D Kit

steinerman

Hi Friends,

Just a question here tonight.  A while ago I bought Trumpy's 1:32 F-14D Super Tomcat.  I haven't started on it yet but I want to donate this to the local Veteran's hospital here in Grand Rapids when I get it biult, so I am looking to make this as accurate and as detailed as possible.  What I would like to know, is what all after-market goodies there are that I should have for this model?  I already have, or are in the process of ordering, the following items for this aircraft:

- Aires Resin Cockpit kit

- Aires Landing Gear Bay Resin Kit

- Aires Resin Weighted Wheelset Kit

- Aires Exhaust Nozzle Set

- Airscale Modern Cockpit Instruments

- Airscale Instrument Bezels

- Airscale Jet Cockpit Upgrade

- Airscale Modern Cockpit Dataplate and Warning Decals

- Eduard Big Ed Photo-Etch Kit

- Wolfpack Corrected Chin Pod Set

- Zactomodels Intake Correction Kit

- Zactomodels Phoenix Pallet Correction Kit

Are there other items that I should have for this aircraft?  There are a couple areas that I'm concerned about - the landing gear and the weapons that this fighter carried?  I've seen a real F-14D and have taken dozens of photos of the detail and in my opinion the Trumpeter kit front landing gear kinda sucks when it comes to the landing light.  Is there a 3rd party company that sells a replacement?  And as to the weapons, I'm not sure what I should have to fully populate this  aircraft with accurate weapons.

These are just two of the areas I'm not sure about.  Anything else you could help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Friends,

Larry

I'd also grab the zacto sidewinders, and look at Eduard brassin for the other goodies that you want to hang off your beast. Depending on the Squadron your building, Zolts decals. Good luck I hope to see a build thread soon!