Revell RAF Tornado GR1 - Op Granby

Breaker

Started this year ago, decided to pull it out the stash of doom and get it finished. 

Aires Cockpit, Exhausts. Quickboost Seats, Master Pitots, RES-IM Wheels. Trumpeter LAU-9 & AIM-9s (Kit bits are rubbish, my F-14D doesn't need either!) 

Some in progress photos -

1.jpg

2.jpg

I used CA for the front dials and managed to melt them somehow. I've replaced them with Airscale decals since I took these photos! 

I'm also focusing on all the "burn out" stuff first. Airframe will be last thing I do so at the end, everything just drops into place. 

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

IMG-20190811-212446.jpg

1 hour ago, Breaker said:

Cheers guys. Short on time the last week or so whilst I smash the overtime. Been pondering how to sort out the wing seals at the moment.

I’ve nearly finished mine, just starting the canopy and it will be done. I didn’t like the look of the kit part, it looks very rigid. So fitted the wings in the forward position and put some plastic arm in the gap. I then filled the area with filler and when it was going off I reversed the kit part and impressed it onto the filler to exchange the detail. Then with a scalpel just opened up the groove slightly = it looks so much better. Just a suggestion.

Steve.

Decided to start getting the rear fuselage together, as it's gonna be a fairly big job getting it all smoothed out and rescribed. 

18.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

I received a set of 3DP intakes from a gentlemen on here and honestly, I wouldn't build another one of these kits without them at this point. They turn the rear fuselage from a floppy mess into a really solid section. 

Back end is now all together. I've decided to fix the wings in place as it'll allow me to sort the wing seals out properly and not worry about damaging them as i go. With it being Op. Granby as well, it's all one colour so easy enough to paint. 

19.jpg

Couldn't resist mocking it up with all the sub-assemblies in place either! 

20.jpg

21.jpg