Me-109Z Conversions?

Brent

Howdy,

I have a pile of old 1/32 Me-109s. I'm considering hacking them up into a accurate-ish Me-109Z V-1. Before I go to the trouble and frustration is there a conversion out there? It seems like there ought to be. However, I cannot find it.

Any help?

Brent

0022747062.jpg

Hi Brent,

I'm not aware of any in 1/32. Interesting detail in the drawings above: the wheels wells are in the regular position. Usually they're much closer together toward the center line of each fuselage, making the conversion more complex to do, if you wanted to attempt it yourself.

Alain

I am interested in any refs for the Me-109Z. All of my refs are drawings or rendered images. My library does not contain any images of the actual airframe. So, I don't know how complete it was at the time it was destroyed.

I'm basing my Z off a pair of old Revell 109Fs that I had languishing in the model crypt. It is sort of a slammer/kitbash/scratchbuild project.

I think the only mods I will do to the plastic is to delete the wheel well bulges on the upper wing surface. Otherwise I will leave it the same. Oh! I will delete all armaments and fill in the blast tunnels in the noses. I may attempt to busy up the already cramped cockpit with more gauges and controls. The engine management system would have doubled. Any ideas?

Brent

2 hours ago, Brent said:

Any ideas?

Lots of info here (as linked in the thread above):

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/5900-bf-109z-1

I started with those old Revell kits, too, but the Hasegawa kits are MUCH easier to work with for a '109Z - mainly because of their to the Hasegawa parts breakdown (particularly the separate wing panels, spars and main gear attachments). 

HTH,

D

Hi Brent,

I don't think a picture of the Z has ever turned up, so it is up to you for all the specific details. For the IP, maybe a 262 panel could be a starting point, and just add two throttle levers on the cockpit's left side.

One question: why delete all armament? Is it to represent the prototype?

Alain

2 hours ago, D Bellis said:

Lots of info here (as linked in the thread above):

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/5900-bf-109z-1

I started with those old Revell kits, too, but the Hasegawa kits are MUCH easier to work with for a '109Z - mainly because of their to the Hasegawa parts breakdown (particularly the separate wing panels, spars and main gear attachments). 

HTH,

D

Nice job on your conversion! Very interesting to check out!

Alain

Alain: Yes, I want to build the prototype. I am assuming it wasn't armed yet. Good idea with the 262 panel!

D: I know the Hasegawa kits would be easier. But I have a stack of these old Revell kits. I have to consume them somehow!

:-)