Idea for new LSP kit - Black Hornet

John1

Since most of this forum lately consists of threads about what HK, Tamiya or WNW's next kit will be, I feel the need to table my favorite subject.   As an ex-grunt, this one is definitely near and dear to me.   

Imagine a 32nd scale Black Hornet!     In this large scale, the detail would really pop.  I know it's a bit out of the mainstream but done right, with new tool slidemolds, PE, etc, this kit would be a winner. 

https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-paratroopers-use-black-hornet-personal-reconnaissance-drones-in-afghanistan.html

Who's with me?

Great idea. However, whilst not wanting to start a riot, I do think it more appropriate to produce it in 1/35 rather than 1/32. After all, given the size, you won't loose much in the way of either definition or detail and with the zillions of 1/35 figures out there, it would fit perfectly.Any idea if they are producing them in other colour schemes, plus it gives the aftermarket guys, especially the decal lads, a great opportunity to work their magic.

59 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

This thing looks about 5" - 8" or so 1:1/like pocket size?

In 1/32, you would think it would be barely visible and fairly hard to incorporate any detail that could be seen. 

Black Hornet haters gonna hate.    

Personally, I think this kit would be a license to print money.   The aftermarket resin and decal outfits would have a field day.  I could just see Fundekals offering correct “Off” / “On”decals with accurate fonts.  

Plus, in a market flooded with WW1 French subjects, I think this kit is a breath of fresh air.   

Edited by John1

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Black Hornet haters gonna hate.    

Personally, I think this kit would be a license to print money.   The aftermarket resin and decal outfits would have a field day.  I could just see Fundekals offering correct “Off” / “On”decals with accurate fonts.  

Plus, in a market flooded with WW1 French subjects, I think this kit is a breath of fresh air.   

I'm not exactly "hating" although I think that term iteslf is quite ridiculous.

I think it's pretty cool actually, I was simply pointing out that if the 1:1 was 8" long IRL, it would be 1/4" or 0.25" long in 32nd scale. If the 1:1 was about 6" long (which it appears closer to in the pics of the soldier holding it) the 1/32nd scale model of it would be 0.1875" long. At that size, this wouldn't be a kit per-se, as it would more likely be a single dinky piece of resin.

I was attempting to say that any detail in 1/32 would be nearly impossible to pic out, and as Jennings pointed out, might be something better for  a much MUCH larger scale. 

As in something like this would be much better off put out in 1:1 scale to see any details.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I'm not exactly "hating" although I think that term iteslf is quite ridiculous.

I think it's pretty cool actually, I was simply pointing out that if the 1:1 was 8" long IRL, it would be 1/4" or 0.25" long in 32nd scale. If the 1:1 was about 6" long (which it appears closer to in the pics of the soldier holding it) the 1/32nd scale model of it would be 0.1875" long. At that size, this wouldn't be a kit per-se, as it would more likely be a single dinky piece of resin.

I was attempting to say that any detail in 1/32 would be nearly impossible to pic out, and as Jennings pointed out, might be something better for  a much MUCH larger scale. 

As in something like this would be much better off put out in 1:1 scale to see any details.

I'm sorry, my post was just a little bit tongue in cheek (actually quite a bit).   I have to admit that these things are frickin cool, pretty much right out of a sci-fi novel.  You can have it fly down a sewer pipe, fly up to a house and go inside through a broken window and see if anyone is inside (one of the most deadly bits of infantry work is going house to house) or fly up to an abandoned car and peek inside to see if the thing is rigged with an IED.   

Even more than all those fancy stealth jets, I think that UAV's (of all sizes) are the real future of combat.