Wingnut Wings AEG. G4 size question

AlbertD

I've been slowly adding to my collection of WNW kits as a builder not collector or "investor". I have a few 2 seater's but have avoided bombers because of display size. I'm currently building a 1/32 P47-D and looking at the dimensions of both I see the AEG. G4 has only abut a 6-1/2" larger wingspan. That's really not too bad. Is the kit a fairly reasonable size for display?

It's 57 x 30 CM, or 22.5" x 12".

It's actually a rather large kit that kind of fills its own size niche within the WNW family.  It's much bigger than your typical 2 seater size, which are in turn bigger than single seaters, but not as big as the huge kits they have made or are planning, like the big Gotha, Felixstowe, 0/400, etc.

As with most WWI aircraft, the fuselage length really is not a display issue, nor that long.  The catch comes from that big, nearly 2 foot long wingspan.  If you can accommodate that, I'd say you're good to go.

952a7fc9-5ad8-4b22-a99a-42dbfc4d6ee7_1.2

59 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

It's 57 x 30 CM, or 22.5" x 12".

It's actually a rather large kit that kind of fills its own size niche within the WNW family.  It's much bigger than your typical 2 seater size, which are in turn bigger than single seaters, but not as big as the huge kits they have made or are planning, like the big Gotha, Felixstowe, 0/400, etc.

As with most WWI aircraft, the fuselage length really is not a display issue, nor that long.  The catch comes from that big, nearly 2 foot long wingspan.  If you can accommodate that, I'd say you're good to go.

952a7fc9-5ad8-4b22-a99a-42dbfc4d6ee7_1.2

I'm sure giving it strong consideration. Yours is absolutely beautiful and tilts me toward getting one. I think with the stubby fuselage it will not be too hard to find a place for it although it will take up the better part of a whole shelf.

1 hour ago, AlbertD said:

I'm sure giving it strong consideration. Yours is absolutely beautiful and tilts me toward getting one. I think with the stubby fuselage it will not be too hard to find a place for it although it will take up the better part of a whole shelf.

I wish I could take credit for the plane, but that's not mine! 

Just grabbed it off the internet to show the proportions of the plane.  It's all wing span.

And these WWI airplanes don't exactly have swept wings, so those wings really stick out there and make every inch count. 

If you are willing to display the plane facing the viewer, or facing directly away from the viewer, you could fit it on a relatively shallow (not very deep) shelf.  Which helps.

The planes that are tough to display are the long ones (and with big wingspan too).

I say go for it!  It's a cool plane and you'll figure out a way to display it.  I think these bi-planes often look best from that behind angle anyway.