Having Trouble with Ordering at Wingnut Wings website

ringleheim

Has anyone ever had a glitch ordering through the WNW website?

I keep getting hung up at the payment section, where it transfers you over to your PayPal account.  It won't go through and bounces back to the WNW website saying payment failed.

I have checked with PayPal and my bank associated with PayPal, and everything is fine.

I have used the same accounts to order through the WNW website before with no issues of any kind.

I'm just wondering if there is some known glitch here or a work around.

I have an email in to WNW as well but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone else run into this? 

Thanks

Jim

You can't use your bank account on PayPal to pay them.  You have to use a credit card.  Not sure if it is something they set up or if PayPal does it because of the foreign entity with lots of money transfers thing.

1 hour ago, nichenson said:

You can't use your bank account on PayPal to pay them.  You have to use a credit card.  Not sure if it is something they set up or if PayPal does it because of the foreign entity with lots of money transfers thing.

Thanks for that.  That could explain it.  

I did use my debit card as a credit card through PayPal to pay them last time.  Guess it all depends on how your debit card is set up.  I did wish that wnw would mention that on their site instead of me going crazy last time.

I encountered this  a couple months ago and was told by WNW that you can pay with your PayPal balance but not with a bank transfer.  In other words, move money to your PayPal account before ordering, then do the ordering process.  It worked fine for me.

7 hours ago, OldTroll said:

I encountered this  a couple months ago and was told by WNW that you can pay with your PayPal balance but not with a bank transfer.  In other words, move money to your PayPal account before ordering, then do the ordering process.  It worked fine for me.

Yes this is correct.

Ryan

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Yes this is correct.

Ryan

My PayPal account has a balance in excess of $1,000 and it still just got bounced.

So ends my third attempt on my third straight day to try and give these people my money.

Still no word from WNW.

15 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

My PayPal account has a balance in excess of $1,000 and it still just got bounced.

I apologize for asking the obvious but do you have "PayPal Balance" selected as your default payment method?

I finally got it to work.  I added a credit card to my payment option types at Pay Pal and selected that.  It went right through.

The weird thing is I have ordered through the WNW website before without using the credit card option and it worked fine.  I don't remember how I did it, but there was no hangup at all. 

Anyway, the MVR Albatros and the Fokker D.VII "early" are on the way.

Both of these kits are sold out absolutely everywhere I looked right now, except the mother ship in NZ, so the added shipping costs were worth it.

2 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I finally got it to work.  I added a credit card to my payment option types at Pay Pal and selected that.  It went right through.

The weird thing is I have ordered through the WNW website before without using the credit card option and it worked fine.  I don't remember how I did it, but there was no hangup at all. 

Anyway, the MVR Albatros and the Fokker D.VII "early" are on the way.

Both of these kits are sold out absolutely everywhere I looked right now, except the mother ship in NZ, so the added shipping costs were worth it.

Yeah, this happened sometime after they started doing wholesale.  I used to order lots of kits from them.  I would say over half my stash of 79 boxes came directly from them.