1/32 Eduard/ Alley Cat Messerschmitt Bf 109B Condor Legion

monthebiff

• 3 weeks later...

Had no time at the bench in the last three weeks but had some time this weekend and really enjoyed being back at it. I have now finished the cockpit modifications with the floor now complete. A couple of levers added, early foot pedals added from RB productions and the pilots stick modified to a spade grip. Alley Cat do supply one in the upgrade set but I chose to use the kit part and add a grip from the spares box.

20191027-130431.jpg

20191027-130439.jpg

Cocking handles added to the instrument panel 

20191027-130456.jpg

And the completed interior sub assemblies

20191027-130702.jpg

20191027-130655.jpg

And so all ready for some colour now.

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Great progress Andy!  Just looking at your photo's helped me realise how I am going to make the Instructors instrument panel on my Tamiya Mosquito Trainer...thank you sir!

Thanks for looking in Anthony and glad to be of assistance, by the way those Airscale instrument bezels are excellent.

Regards.Andy 

4 hours ago, mozart said:

Loving all the extra detail you’ve added to the cockpit Andy, supreme workmanship! 

Thank you Max, the cockpit on the B differs quite considerably from the E so decided to have a crack at it. Pretty happy with it and itching to get some colour on it now.

Regards. Andy 

Verrrry nice - looking great under the primer.

I note the plain looking pedals which match early 109 refs I have (without the lightening holes on later 109s) - do these come with the etched fret supplied in this kit or have they come from another source?

Torben

3 minutes ago, TorbenD said:

Verrrry nice - looking great under the primer.

I note the plain looking pedals which match early 109 refs I have (without the lightening holes on later 109s) - do these come with the etched fret supplied in this kit or have they come from another source?

Torben

The early pedals come from a RB productions etched pedal fret I have and these where then glued over the Eduard supplied late pedal etched part which is a one piece item with both pedals at each end to which you then glue a plastic mount on to which fixes the assembly to the floor if that makes sense? 

20191027-130439.jpg

Hopefully the picture helps explain what I mean.

Regards. Andy 

Hi Andy,

i don't really 'dig' these pre-war 109s but this really nice work

so many unhappy memories of the Eduard kit came flooding back!

Alley Cat conversion does look good, although it's a shame about the slats - the Eduard kit's are way too deep and this would have been an opportunity to provide 'correct' corrections (that could be used on the DML kit for instance)

I like what you did with the seat too

I am building a E-4 Trop at mo and given the 109 is the most famous plane in the world, I still found it really hard to get nailed down cockpit references in colour (in fact I just gave up), so looking forward to how you paint your wonderful looking details

thanks for sharing