Tamiya 1/35 Mk.IV Male - Finished

Robthepom

On 9/12/2019 at 9:04 AM, ringleheim said:

Looks great! I love the detail on the unditching beam in particular, but the whole thing is nice.

Makes me want to get one of these and start an attack across the living room carpet.  

One thing I have noticed in videos of this model in operation is that Tamiya did a pretty solid job of trying to capture scale speed with their choice of gearing.  It moves pretty slowly which is important to me; makes it more realistic.

Thanks for the nice comments, the engineering for the motorisation is excellent, the gearing is perfect, the model even climbs and goes over obstacles. Great fun and very reasonably priced

On 9/17/2019 at 10:52 PM, nmayhew said:

i will say wow to two things

1 the final tank looks fantastic, you should not feel your freehand airbrushing is in any way inadequate

and 

2 your paint booth looks like the inside of a coal bunker :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you, for the comment, and yes I agree about the coal booth bunker, that’s it’s new name

i really must give it a scrape, I never run the fans and it’s not connected to outside so it just builds up

Very nice work on this one. The camouflage turned out great to me (I wouldn't have guessed this was your first go with a airbrush, based on my first time lol)

I've had my eye on WW1 tanks for a while (I have an FT-17 in the stash) but you're pushing me to one of these