Tamiya 1/35 Mk.IV Male - Finished

Robthepom

Now for some light relief, superb Tamiya engineering i had the kit trundling along the carpet in two evening sessions, made me smile

myslOcz.jpg

RSPk5SX.jpg

HrEezWt.jpg

I think I'll do a captured German machine that has funky camo similar to this Youtube build

Edited by Robthepom

• 2 weeks later...

hello fellows

Had some great fun with this kit, lots of firsts for me and my new airbrush, did some colour modulation, some free hand camo which I'm not sure is good enough for a plane but looks good on a dirty tank

Mix of German grey and sea grey

SP7eZB3.jpg

Modulation:ph34r: but too much maybe

WnSQWyo.jpg

Free hand camo

mpP9M1T.jpg

n3S6NWw.jpg

pKbixX7.jpg

Playing with some rust mixes

KkVmFQi.jpg

Tracks painted and trial fitted

eI4pZJG.jpg

I recon i should frame this a sell it for fortune

MuivTwW.jpg?1

Up next is waiting for the masking set for the German markings, weathering the un-hitching beam, then full dirt and rusting

thanks

yeah the paint scheme is, in my opinion, really cool I'm always drawn to German colours

I used old school pastels for the tracks plus some vallejo thick mud for some depth

atWcQAU.jpg?1

iTsGwNq.jpg?1

I'm first time user of DN Models mask set, i was worried about paint bleed because they didnt seem to stay in place over the very high rivits, but they were very very good, no issues at all, next up the german crosses

d8cFTyH.jpg?1

Those tracks look very realistic! Great use of weathering tools. I keep forgetting about buying some pastels.  How do you powder them? Shave the sticks and then pulverize them?

Also a good reminder for using pencils for metal edges

Awesome work as well for your first airbrushing too BTW. Are you a convert now?

3 minutes ago, The Madhatter said:

Those tracks look very realistic! Great use of weathering tools. I keep forgetting about buying some pastels.  How do you powder them? Shave the sticks and then pulverize them?

Also a good reminder for using pencils for metal edges

Awesome work as well for your first airbrushing too BTW. Are you a convert now?

Just scrape the pastels with a file, no need for extra pulverising 

I should have bought airbrush years ago, I didn’t because I wasn’t sure if my new found modelling mojo was a fad or serious commitment 

now my my stash is growing and AB is so versatile I love it

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! I love the detail on the unditching beam in particular, but the whole thing is nice.

Makes me want to get one of these and start an attack across the living room carpet.  

One thing I have noticed in videos of this model in operation is that Tamiya did a pretty solid job of trying to capture scale speed with their choice of gearing.  It moves pretty slowly which is important to me; makes it more realistic.