WNW 1/32 Dr 1 Triplane

Radub

4 minutes ago, ericg said:

What I can’t understand is, given the excitement for the dr.1 why haven’t people been building the Roden one in droves if it is such a popular type? That kit has been out for years and you barely see it.

Eric

because Roden WWI kits were always niche in my view

yes, they owned the show for what, a decade (probably more?), but as soon as WNW brought out their first kit, I think the entire Roden WWI range became utterly redundant

I never bought any Roden kits yet have gone through 2 (costly!) cycles of building up a WNW stash and then offloading them once I realised that the whole rigging thing was to me what garlic soup and large glass of Holy Water is to a vampire

WNW will draw people in because of the beauty of their kits as much as their interest in the subject

I don't think that could ever be said of Roden

17 minutes ago, ericg said:

What I can’t understand is, given the excitement for the dr.1 why haven’t people been building the Roden one in droves if it is such a popular type? That kit has been out for years and you barely see it.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Glad I always hedged my bets on starting my Encore Voss F1!

Well, if anyone was like me, I love the Tripe.................but as nice as the Encore kit I have is, it needs some updates.................and the bottom line for me, is after building both Roden and WnW kits, they are nothing alike when it comes to the building experience, and since Im the type of modeler who only ever usually build 1 of any model, Ive always been holding out for the DR.1 I always thought WnW would come out with. 

AWE-FREAKING-SOME! 

Still have the Roden decals for Kempf's triplane.

Did anyone notice that the "early" release seems to be Voss' F.1 triplane and one of MVR's triplanes?  My eyes aren't able to tell for sure but that third picture that was posted sure looks like them to me.

Now where did I put those VonTutschek decals? :hmmm:

Also makes me wish I'd never sold my CE 1/32 Baron's Tripe's decal sheet.

Edited by Juggernut

6 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

AWE-FREAKING-SOME! 

Still have the Roden decals for Kempf's triplane.

Did anyone notice that the "early" release seems to be Voss' F.1 triplane and one of MVR's triplanes?  My eyes aren't able to tell for sure but that third picture that was posted sure looks like them to me.

Now where did I put those VonTutschek decals? :hmmm:

Also makes me wish I'd never sold my CE 1/32 Baron's Tripe's decal sheet.

There are going to be zillions of decals out there for this kit!

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I think a number of people have been holding off on building their Roden/Encore kit, hoping that WNW would eventually come out with one.

42 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Well, if anyone was like me, I love the Tripe.................but as nice as the Encore kit I have is, it needs some updates.................and the bottom line for me, is after building both Roden and WnW kits, they are nothing alike when it comes to the building experience, and since Im the type of modeler who only ever usually build 1 of any model, Ive always been holding out for the DR.1 I always thought WnW would come out with. 

Yep!

So for our Christmas surprise Duallist set in 2020 we will have a DR.1 twinned with a what???

Se.5a maybe?? Seems the obvious choice.

Just asking for a friend :hmmm:

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

When I first walked up to the WNW table, I saw Richard Alexander and started talking to him about the Lancaster (a really nice kit, btw).  After a few minutes of Lancaster talk, I turned to walk away, but looked down and saw the triplanes on their table.  For about a split second my thought was: "what are they doing with Roden's triplanes on their table?"  And then it dawned on me.  I looked over at Richard Alexander and said, "so, you finally caved to all that popular pressure."  He just smiled.  I would say Richard smiles a lot these days...