Radub

WNW 1/32 Dr 1 Triplane

Posted (edited)

Hoping to put this sub-thread to rest, MVR flew at least seven F.I/Dr.I:

F.I 102/17 September 1917 - Factory finish of Olive streaks over all upper sufaces and fuselage sides; "Fokker blue" base coat.

Dr.I 127/17 Mid-March 1918 - Red cowling, struts and wheel disks.  Olive streaked upper surfaces and fuselage sides over clear-doped linen (CDL.)  Light blue undersurfaces.

Dr.I 152/17 March 1918 - Red cowling, struts, rear fuselage and tailplane, top of upper wing and wheel disks.  Otherwise as 127/17.

Dr.I 161/17 March 1918 - Red cowling, struts, tailplane, top of upper wing and wheel disks.  Otherwise as 127/17.

Dr.I 405/17 January 1918 - Red wheel disks.  Otherwise as 127/17.

Dr.I 425/17 March/April 1918 - Red overall.

The above all had the earlier curved arm cross (Cross Pattee.)  425/17 was updated with the straight arm cross (Balkenkreuz) in late March/early April shortly before Richtofen's death.

Dr.I 477/17 Early April 1918 - same scheme as 161/17 with Balkenkreuz as 425/17.

Source:  Research by R. Seissler in producing 60+ 1/33 scale card models from c 2006-2013  at www.paperwarbirds.net (now inactive.)

Edited by OldTroll
Addition of dates

Whoa, now that is cool !!

And Model Cellar has the ultimate 1/32 Voss figure to compliment it.  Sculpted by Mike Good, the pose, the anatomy, the proportions AND the likeness is spot on:

https://modelcellar.com/shop/time-period/wwi/werner-voss-3/

We issued Voss in 2007 - that was LONG before WNW was even around.   Funny, but our Voss figure was actually designed to go with the "BRAND NEW" (at the time) Roden kit.  Roden was emerging on the 1/32 WWI scene and at Mike's urging, we set off doing 1/32 WWI pilots.  Of course when they issued the kit with Manfred's markings, we soon followed with Manny & Moritz:

https://modelcellar.com/shop/time-period/wwi/manfred-von-richthofen-with-moritz/

And, if they issue Lothar's markings, we have a Lothar figure too =).  In the years gone by we have made quite a few WWI 1/32 personalities:  von Schleich, Bishop, Immelman, Boelcke, Lufbery, Baracca, etc

https://modelcellar.com/product-category/132-scale-54mm/

Now here we are TWELVE years later and we've come full circle.

regards,

Paul

www.ModelCellar.com

I notice WNW has update its website to include reference to the two upcoming Fokker DR.I kits.

If you click on each listing, you can only access various period photograph references, however.  No sprue shots, color schemes, or finished builds just yet.

4 hours ago, ModelCellar said:

And Model Cellar has the ultimate 1/32 Voss figure to compliment it.  Sculpted by Mike Good, the pose, the anatomy, the proportions AND the likeness is spot on:

https://modelcellar.com/shop/time-period/wwi/werner-voss-3/

regards,

Paul

www.ModelCellar.com

The Voss figure remains one of the most accurate depictions of a real-life personality that I have ever seen before in my life,... just an utterly amazing sculpt by Mike.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, Radub said:

Who said it would never happen? 

WNW just announced it. I don't want to say "I told you so" but...

Radu

Yep you told us.... glad you were correct Radu.

:yahoo:

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I get the impression that box art isn't actually finished yet. Either that or the usual artist(s) for covers were not used on this one.

Good observation. Yes as mentioned, looks a bit Roden...ish. Maybe like you say it’s unfinished and will be filled in later. 

The painting used on the box top is a watercolor. I wish they would keep the same style/artist but that would be hard to do over a long period of time.