WNW 1/32 Dr 1 Triplane

Radub

3 hours ago, Vincent said:

As i said in a post that got deleted, I hope this forum isn't on the way to become one of these "hypersanitized politically correct" places that many other modelling forums have become cause it usually doesn't do any good to anyone or to the hobby

Word.   

Returning to the subject at hand, anyone who was at Chattanooga know if WNW was going to provide decals to replicate that Fokker streaked camouflage?   

Edited by John1

19 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I think you're over-thinking this thing a bit.

If you aren't into Fokker DR. Is, that's cool.  You don't have to buy one or make a model of it.

No need to piss in the punch bowl for those who do like it.

As my namesake stated a few posts above, 'Peace out'.

Edited by vince14

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Word.   

Returning to the subject at hand, anyone who was at Chattanooga know if WNW was going to provide decals to replicate that Fokker streaked camouflage?   

Interesting question. I think they did supply streaked decals in one of the D.VII kits, but would have to check on that. It might make sense for them to do that, but I'll probably still paint my own, regardless.

1 minute ago, LSP_K2 said:

Interesting question. I think they did supply streaked decals in one of the D.VII kits, but would have to check on that. It might make sense for them to do that, but I'll probably still paint my own, regardless.

Yes they did do it on a D. VII. 

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

How do you pant this camo?   I would think it would have to be done by hand which (at least in my case) would lead to brush marks.  

On 8/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, John1 said:

How do you pant this camo?   I would think it would have to be done by hand which (at least in my case) would lead to brush marks.  

Oils, mixed with a retarder. Brush marks are easily avoided using this method (mostly), and look just like the real deal. The very nature of the application methods on the real aircraft, also showed brush marks anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I was gonna say - the real thing was pretty much one big brush mark.  That was the whole point of it.

Yeah but there is a big difference in appearance between brush marks on the real thing and brush marks on a 32nd scale model.  Personally, I'd be hard pressed to hand paint this without leaving brushmarks that would be a scale 2" tall.

Thankfully, there are more than a few D.I's that were completely over-painted, and I'm pretty sure that if WNW doesn't include any of those examples, the aftermarket folks will have me covered.