WNW 1/32 Dr 1 Triplane

Radub

Well there you go then! Having satisfied my Dr1 needs looooong ago (it was my third completed 1/32 build ever, back in 2006: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/9248-roden-fokker-dr-1/) I don’t see a need for this but of course might just have to add one to the stash :-)

I will say that the Roden Kit was very buildable and enjoyable, a few quirks but nothing a little basic modeling couldn’t straighten out.

jimbo

3 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I sure hope your right. The Se.5a is on top of my want list and I missed it last time around. No way I'm paying $250 for one off of ebay.

Sure there will be a duellists and ace boxing on top of the 2 new releases. Voss vs Se’s, why not?

I have to admit I don't really get the fascination with the Dr.I. Yes, the 'Red Baron' and all that, but von Richthofen scored more kills in the Albatros series and they're not as popular. The Dr.I was a crap aircraft, with mediocre performance (except in climbing), questionable build quality and poor handling - the fact they only made 320 of them tells you how good it was. The only Fokker aircraft of WWI that didn't have serious problems was the D.VII.

I guess it's the same as the Nieuport 28 - another steaming pile which is only popular because it was the first to equip USAS squadrons.

42 minutes ago, vince14 said:

I have to admit I don't really get the fascination with the Dr.I. Yes, the 'Red Baron' and all that, but von Richthofen scored more kills in the Albatros series and they're not as popular. The Dr.I was a crap aircraft, with mediocre performance (except in climbing), questionable build quality and poor handling - the fact they only made 320 of them tells you how good it was. The only Fokker aircraft of WWI that didn't have serious problems was the D.VII.

I guess it's the same as the Nieuport 28 - another steaming pile which is only popular because it was the first to equip USAS squadrons.

I guess this is also linked to the look of the plane. For most people any Tripe is German and very probably red! 

2 hours ago, vince14 said:

True. Many WW1 aero historians are over the myth of the ‘diable rouge’ and his red triplane, but it is an iconic type and the WNW range and many stashes would not be complete without it!

Now the 10 year itch is over everyone can get one (or three) and look forward to some SPADs or anything else WNW come up with (well-known or obscure):beer4:

Edited by Pup7309

1 hour ago, vince14 said:

I have to admit I don't really get the fascination with the Dr.I. Yes, the 'Red Baron' and all that, but von Richthofen scored more kills in the Albatros series and they're not as popular.

I think you can probably blame Snoopy for that.

17 hours ago, Radub said:

Who said it would never happen? 

WNW just announced it. I don't want to say "I told you so" but...

Radu

It's a beautiful day.

Assumption Roden Dr.1 eBay fire sale is imminent.

3 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

True. Many WW1 aero historians are over the myth of the ‘diable rouge’ and his red triplane, but it is an iconic type and the WNW range and many stashes would not be complete without it!

Now the 10 year itch is over everyone can get one (or three) and look forward to some SPADs or anything else WNW come up with (well-known or obscure):beer4:

Hopefully it will mean WNW will produce the earlier Albatros D types. I, II, and III.